Search results

1. B

CSX, white cab roof?

I have been planning to try painting some CSX units and noticed that some of there cab roofs are white but not all are. Is this just a paint job or something to do with the gps stuff etc. I have been looking at several photos and cant tell for sure. Thanks
  2. B

sd40-2 sand hatch HO

I am planning on detailing some athearn BB sd40-2s, I am having trouble finding detail parts for the sand hatches. What ones have people used in the past and could you include make and serial number, please, also where is the sand filler hatch located on the back of the locomotive. Thanks
  3. B

Alco rs2, rs3

that is good to hear about hobbytown rs2, rs3 units. The problem ive been finding is the frames or sills of other makers are to short for the hobbytown body.. ive tried stewart, athearn,kato and atlas. Was considering chopping some of the body down to fit a atlas frame and sill, but since they...
  4. B

Alco rs2, rs3

ooops, sorry bout that. Im wanting for 'HO' scale. I have a hobbytown of boston RS2 loco, and i wanna match the body shell to a different frame/motor. The body shell from hobbytown seems longer than others. That brought up question of accurate models length of other makers. Thanks G
  5. B

Alco rs2, rs3

I was wondering of all the manufactorers of trains, who makes the most accurate model of a rs2 or rs3, with my main curiosity of body and cab lengths. thanks G.
  6. B

Online shops where I can buy decoder,speaker,engine and they install?

there must be a LHS that can help you, especially if its a DCC-ready loco, or even a local train club. The ones near me are very wiling to help fellow train people. G
  7. B

air compressor for airbrush

thanks for info. thats a big help, I am not familiar with all the specific needs. what about fittings for the airbrush hose hooking to air compressor? Thanks G
  8. B

air compressor for airbrush

my current air compressor looks like its going to die on me. Its just a 1/10 hp compressor for model trains etc. Do i need to get one like it or can i get one from like Home Depot? any other suggestions for replacements would be great also , thanks G
  9. B

Walthers SW-1

will it have a speaker enclosure or a area to put a speaker in it? I was wondering also do P2K models that come with sound, that if you get one that does not come with sound doea it have a area for sound or speaker enclosure?. Thanks G
  10. B

hobbytown RS3

For awhile now I have been a ALCO RS2, RS3 fan. I picked up a few hobbytown RS3 kits at a swap meet. I managed to get 1 kit together and run and DCC it. The other is having fits i think with thw gears, they seem to be binding up and cant solve the problem? any ideas would be great. I was...
  11. B

roco gear/ FM details

I have checked NWSL already and all i can seem to find are the half axle/ wheelsets. I need the gears above the wheelsets in the truck body, Anyone know if athearn gears that are 16 and 23 teeth will also work with rocos? thanks G
  12. B

roco gear/ FM details

Hey all, Wanna put forth 2 questions here. Where would i find replacements gears for the 4 axles trucks in a Roco rf-16? tryin to convert dummy to power. next question, I really like the fairbanks-morse lookin locos, mostly h12-44, baby trainmasters and trainmasters, I like all the...
  13. B

Would you buy Walthers Proto 1000/2000 locos?

I have not tried to get replacement parts yet, but I think walthers prices have gotten way to high. there prices have seemed to skyrocketed in the past couple years. G
  14. B

airbrushing and gloss, dull coat

what brand of spray can Gloss and Dull coat do you use? or are any brands good such as Testors gloss enamel and dull coat? Thanks for the info. :) G
  15. B

airbrushing and gloss, dull coat

I have been just recently getting into airbrushing and really enjoying it. My question is, I use floquil paints and I was wondering what type of Gloss and Dull coat people use after airbrushing with floquil paints. Do you use the gloss or dull coat from a spray can or in your airbrush and what...
  16. B

Roco FA

glad i asked before trying to service it, I will just stay with oiling it, and thanks again :) G
  17. B

Roco FA

thank you very much for the info. that really good to hear. I was thinking of trying to clean up or tune-up the roco engine since its a good motor. Any ideas on how to get to the motor since its ina metal cylandir, before I clumsily break something since ive never seen these motors? thanks...
  18. B

Roco FA

HI all, I have a old roco fa diesel, that runs pretty well for being i dont know how old? I was going to hard wire it for DCC but not sure if i should re-motor it first? I dont know if roco motors are good quality etc. The motor itself is kinda encased ina metal cylandir? any info. will be...
  19. B

Portland, OR hobby shops

GOTO Whistle Stop trains, it is a great shop.
  20. B

older floquil paints?

I have recently gotten into airbrushing and been givin a shoe box of floquil paints. They look fairly old, but are not dried out, I was wondering if there are any precautions with using these older paints ? Are they worth using ? Thanks G

Back