Search results

1. F

help me find a site where I can configure and buy HO locomotives

I am starting a new layout in HO. I am looking for a place where I can buy HO locomotives with DCC and Sound cards of my liking installed. Does anyone know of such a store?
  2. F

TrainCat-Anyone else find it hard to get a hold of them?

I ordered some brass stuff from them in early February, and some time went by and no shipping notice, or anything, so I started e-mailing them for an update on my order. They hit my paypal account right away that's for sure. Sent a total of 4 e-mails so far, and no reply :( At this point...
  3. F

More work on BOF (Basic Oxygen Furnace)

I am moving on a little further with my BOF, as well as Gary Works US steel plant and should be posting some pictures pretty soon. I still have some vents to install, and some stencil work I wanted to do, but the BOF is painted, assembled and placed. This is N-scale, but the structure still...
  4. F

BOF In Process

I completed the Basic Oxygen Furnace finally tonight, and after we get it painted next week, I can add it to the layout. This was a fun project, and my first attempt ever at making something from scratch. I used foam core board and two Electric Furnace buildings and a bunch of Plastruct...
  5. F

HO scale Walthers papermill question

For anyone owning the boiler house for the Walthers cornerstone kit in HO, I have a question. How tall in inches is it from the base to the top of the smoke stack. Also, are the stacks red and white, or was that just how they photographed the model? Thanks in advance, Frank
  6. F

Advice on cutting plastruct ABS tubing

Greetings. I have some plastruct tubing that I need to split length wise, making a nice straight cut. The tube is TB-48 for those familiar with plastruct. It is made of ABS and is 2.4 mm thick. Does anyone have a success story getting a straight length wise cut on something like this and...
  7. F

New member from N.W. Indiana

Hello my name is Frank, new member here, not new to the hobby though. Currently working on the Barr subdivision of CSX and the interaction with Harbor belt in this area. Steel mills of Gary, oil refineries of East Chicago, Ford assembly plant of Calumet City, and a host of other small...

Back