help me find a site where I can configure and buy HO locomotives

Frankr409

I am starting a new layout in HO. I am looking for a place where I can buy HO locomotives with DCC and Sound cards of my liking installed. Does anyone know of such a store?

You could take a look at these, in no particular order or preference:

https://www.midwestmodelrr.com

https://www.modeltrainstuff.com

Tony's Trains

Of all of them, Kleins (modeltrainstuff) probably has the bigger selection and better prices but lately they are slow processing and shipping orders.

The other two are much quicker with their processing and shipping but have a smaller selection. Their prices are competitive but perhaps not the cheapest.

I am starting a new layout in HO. I am looking for a place where I can buy HO locomotives with DCC and Sound cards of my liking installed. Does anyone know of such a store?

In my experience, DCC sound is not generated with "Sound Cards". The sounds are generated by the DCC decoder itself. Most DCC Sound Decoders have multiple locomotive sounds that you can choose from: type of diesel engine "Prime Mover" sounds, various horn and bells sounds. If that is what your looking for, you can get it in most all types of Sound Decoders. If your wanting the Sound Decoder to play "ROCK" music, Audio Books, etc..., you will have to look around on your own, as I don't think that is what they offer.

Frankr409,

DCC comes in basically 3 formats:

1. DCC Ready, meaning you have to buy a DCC decoder and install it,
2. DCC, meaning the engine has a DCC decoder already installed, and
3. DCC/wsound, meaning the engine has a DCC decoder with Sound installed.

What you are looking for is the last "format" an engine with DCC/wsound already installed.

Frank,

Keep in mind that DCC/wsound engines can be pretty expensive. If the cost doesn't bother you too much then I would suggest staying away from Bachmann and Model Power engines.

The ones to look for would be Kato, BLI, Athearn Genesis, perhaps Atlas Master Line to mention a few. I'm sure others will chime in with other manufacturer options as well.

Frank,

Keep in mind that DCC/wsound engines can be pretty expensive. If the cost doesn't bother you too much then I would suggest staying away from Bachmann and Model Power engines.

The ones to look for would be Kato, BLI, Athearn Genesis, perhaps Atlas Master Line to mention a few. I'm sure others will chime in with other manufacturer options as well.

Thanks, I will be looking for high end products.

Streamlined Back Shop http://sbs4dcc.com does custom installs for DCC and is highly regarded for their work. For the best sound and motor control, you can't beat ESU decoders. TCS and Tsunami also make good decoders as well.

Another thing I would consider is BLI’s Rolling Thunder. It is a subwoofer control by a Paragon 3 sound equipped locomotive. I would even think about using sound in Nscale with their system. It can literally make the floor shake with the low end vibrations like a real locomotive.
The only downside is that it is proprietary to BLI. Your other sound locomotives can’t use it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

help me find a site where I can configure and buy HO locomotives

Has Frankr409 ever clarified what he means by "Configure"? I wonder if we can further help him out if we understand what his meaning is?
. I should have clarified, I am hoping to find a single supplier where I can pick the locomotive I want, the dcc and sound options that I want, and the supplier will install those and ship me a final product.

Years ago, when I was modeling n scale, I ran across such a company on the internet, but I cannot find it now.

Tony’s Trains does exactly that. Though they aren’t cheap. I got my Lenz dcc system from them. They also do custom installs and the prices are on their website.
Litchfield Station also does custom installs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony’s Trains does exactly that. Though they aren’t cheap. I got my Lenz dcc system from them. They also do custom installs and the prices are on their website.
Litchfield Station also does custom installs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

now we are talking!

Back