Search results

1. S

Enginehouse

Here's a couple of ebay suggestions http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Grandt-Line-HO-5158-Roll-Up-Warehouse-Doors-w-2-Sets-/230721055939?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item35b80becc3&_uhb=1#ht_508wt_906...
  2. S

Enginehouse

I realize I'm reviving a very old thread, but I'm curious what the finished product on your layout looked like?
  3. S

Scalescenes Cargo Freighter

I hope that titanic program didn't give you any ideas about sinking this ship!:p Again, looking great Glen. I had to laugh when you mentioned the gluing and waiting. It made me remember my days as a kid (now I feel old too) building model planes and being so anxious to finish it that I...
  4. S

Hey Chris Just my 2 cents on your printing issue. Make sure that your printer is not set to "fill page". Usually, when you change the scale, it turns that off, but I did have a printer a few years back (can't remember the brand, maybe a Brother) that didn't do that. Consequently, no matter...
  5. S

Magic Pan Bakeries

Hey Chad, I just checked out the new shots in your album, and they look awesome! I really like how it looks with the parking lot, the grass and the trailers on the back! On the rail side, I see some piping coming out of the ground, is it for transfer of chemicals and syrup from tanker cars...
  6. S

Magic Pan Bakeries

WHOA, Pump the brakes there trainman78!!!! Ever heard of sarcasm? You really need to take it down a notch. Maybe you're unaware that there has been a "friendly" rivalry between the Coke and Pepsi camps for about 90 years now, so I won't take offense to your comments. Obviously, Chad is a...
  7. S

whats your main industry

I'm looking forward to seeing pics when it's completed then Trainman:)
  8. S

Magic Pan Bakeries

Hey Chad. I feel like a complete noob here, but I don't know where to find the album that you speak of that you posted the new pics in. Can you point me in the right direction? And feel free to call me Jeff:D
  9. S

Anyone doing 3D printing?

Awesome stuff there Kent!
  10. S

whats your main industry

Trainman, do you have any pics?
  11. S

Great West Models HO structures?

They are still around Hey Ken I sent an email out to them the other day and this is the reply I got back Jeff, We are still in business. Call me with what you are looking for and I will give you current price and availability. Thanks, Wes 720 363-0123 -----Original Message-----...
  12. S

Magic Pan Bakeries

Hey Chad. Have you managed to get any shots of it in place on your layout yet?
  13. S

Wow! Wow! That's looking great Glen! I'll I can say is...hurry up!:D Seriously though, I can't wait to see the finished product. You mentioned you might do a little extra weathering and I'd just like to remind you to use a sealer on the original printed image before you do, just to help...
  14. S

Makerbot-no, Shapeways-yes! Hey all I actually seen live "prints" from the makerbot system last week at the train show here in Calgary. Yup, way too rough to work with. If you run your fingernail down them, it's almost like doing the same on a comb! But the Shapeways option looks promising...
  15. S

This site claims you can do it for the cost of a line laser and a webcam. http://www.david-laserscanner.com/ I had actually looked into this a few months back (the exact same website), and although they say it's 'easy to do', it's not. You need to take full scans of the object, turning it...
  16. S

Hey Steve, Thanks for that input. I haven't used a 'makerbots' and that was one of my concerns. I think the resolution on them is actually there (0.2mm according to the website-0.078"), but I think it's the application process. I'm guessing that because the ambient air temperature isn't...
  17. S

whats your main industry

The easiest (but not all that cheap) route for you would be to go with the Faller Car System. It's not that popular in North America yet, so getting NA trucks is basically impossible, however it is very easy to convert the Euro style to NA. A starter set is about $100-130 US on ebay, which...
  18. S

whats your main industry

Keystone Specialty Metals Coke Plant Not built yet, but my father and I plan to have this on his layout in his basement. It will look like this It's 24 feet long! On my personal layout, which will be 1/87 scale model semi-trucks (full control using n-scale motors, wireless DCC control...
  19. S

I assume you've seen these; http://www.up3dusa.com/ or http://www.makerbot.com/ I've been thinking about this exact thing. In addition to designing your own 'things', I've thought about having alternative scaled items, say something that's in O but not available in HO, scanned using a...
  20. S

Magic Pan Bakeries

Hey Chad. Just a thought: The Coke plant by my house (not another dig, I just see this one everyday on my way to work) has a massive amount of vending machines in the yard behind the plant. They are either in for repair, repaired and ready to ship, or new ones, ready to ship. You might want...

Back