Search results

1. D

Weekly Photo Fun 3/20 through 3/27

They are not covered. When I painted this one the inside of the shell got painted the same color as the roof and bottom were not on it at the time. If I recall, I wounf up painting the inside of it a dark grey before it was sent out. This was before I took a lot of pictures of the cars I build.
  2. D

Weekly Photo Fun 3/20 through 3/27

KBO2. I will see your two cabooses (very nice by the way) and raise you four more. With RICO's it looks like it is going to be a "end of train" day I finished some work on a few cabooses the other night. I have a few minor things to do yet along with tweaking the running characteristics...
  3. D

Pc x79 klex

A while back I did a couple of the Railyard X79 cars for a customer in the as delivered PC scheme. These cars were owned by Kellogs and assigned to the Penn Central. This is one of the two I did for him. After he received those two, another kit showed up from him that he wanted done in the...
  4. D

Weekly Photo Fun Jan. 9 - 15, 2016

did some railfanning recently.
  5. D

Weekly-Photo-Fun-Dec-26-Jan-1

I finally got some time to get the Bethlehem Car Shops passenger cars I was working on decaled.
  6. D

WPF Dec. 8 - 13

I finally got most of the paint done on the passenger cars I am working on.
  7. D

Picture to my previous post

Not sure of the make or scale of the brass steam engine... Most of that model type in HO are selling in the $200-$300 range WITH the tender. without it I would think you could see $100-$150 retail. Again, not sure what scale you have there or manufacturer. As for the framed pictures. I don't see...
  8. D

WPF Nov. 14 - 20

I finally got some of the cars finished that I had painted a couple weeks ago.
  9. D

WPF Nov. 7 - 13

A few cars in the build shop right now. I was going to document these but, never took pictures when I started. Here they are ready for paint. Bethlehem Shops Passenger cars to be painted in the two tone Erie scheme. Roofs painted A couple other customer projects. B&O I5 brass in for...
  10. D

Wpf 9/13/15-9/19/15

I finally got around to finishing some of these customer projects. These took a while due to a wrist injury earlier this year. first up, a couple of Bethlehem Car Shops passenger cars. A JJL Models Lima switcher... Some of Gene Fusco's fine kits Finally, a couple F&C kits
  11. D

EMD Red Lens Help

looks like a classification light to me. Here is a link to a picture of some. http://lgbfreundesaar.kostenloses-forum.be/files/emd_gp_38_2_288.jpg
  12. D

WPF Jan '02 to '09

snapped a picture of this lite move coming thru. crew must have been heading back after a days work.
  13. D

Line 1200 HP switcher

Well, the paint shop completed the lettering. They just need to paint the handrails and install the headlight lenses.
  14. D

Line 1200 HP switcher

Started decals today. I don't have a complete set here but, do have one coming to finish this.
  15. D

Line 1200 HP switcher

Unfortunately this one is not mine. It is being built for a customer. I neglected to buy one from Joe thinking that I will get to it someday.
  16. D

Line 1200 HP switcher

Fresh out of the paint shop...Basic Erie black.
  17. D

Line 1200 HP switcher

Here is the latest project on the bench. Pretty much ready for the paint shop. It will be painted in the Erie RR colors. I discovered something wrong in the instructions while assembling this and decided to post it here in case someone else ever assembles one of these. The picture...
  18. D

WPF Dec 12-19

Well, The source of the prototype was Ford Motor Company and GE. Ford contracted for several of these 132 ton center cab units to switch the river Rouge Plant. After their life at Ford they were sold to the Wellsville Addison and Galeton RR in western NY/PA. My understanding is there is only one...
  19. D

WPF Dec 12-19

Wellsville Addison & Galeton 1700 slugging it out against gravity on a hot hazy summer day
  20. D

Train shows

Having been a former vendor at local train shows around NY I can offer my observation from this perspective. Originally local small train shows were put on as a method for local MR clubs to raise some funds and to get rid of excess equipment that no longer worked with what they were modeling...

Back