Search results

1. M

N scale track cleaning car

Hello all, Looking for information regarding the eSPee or similar track cleaning car. Would like to know if it really does work. Have not looked into them too much as I don't know anyone who has one and to seems to me to be a piece of what looks like Masonite attached to a car. I have a small...
  2. M

N scale track cleaner

Hello all and greetings from cold, snowy Mercer, PA.....Looking for opinions on track cleaners, car type versus any other ideas. I have some areas on layout, such as under the tunnel and a few other really hard to reach areas that I would like to clean the track as it needs it. Been looking...
  3. M

Kato Amtrak Superliner Phase IVb 4 car set #106-3516 - lighting question

Hello all and Happy Holidays, I must of been a good boy this year as wife has bought me my first N scale passenger car set, an Kato Amtrak Superliner Phase IVb 4 car set #106-3516, guy in store wanted to sell her some kind of lighting kits for each car but she would not buy them until we figured...
  4. M

Good philips screwdriver for Atlas engines

Hello all and Happy Holidays, I am getting braver thanks to all here!! and have decided to change some couplers, especially since they are broken!! Where can I get a good quality Philips screwdriver to fit the tiny screw such as those used to hold the couplers in on an Atlas engine. Tried some...
  5. M

Need help getting the right couplers

Hello all and as always thank you for the past help, everyone is always on target. What I need help now on, seems like I always need help!!, anyhow, got myself a nice new Bachmann Spectrum N scale, SD-45, Reading Railroad engine, Bachmann Spectrum #82759, want to get rid of the Rapido couplers...
  6. M

Need some help to get the right Atlas Trucks

Hello all and thank you for your help in the past, Layout is finally up and working out some minor track problems and then I will be detailing it, landscaping and the works!! Anyhow, I got some really nice Atlas cars from a co-worker who has quit the hobby and I would like to change the trucks...
  7. M

Micro-train coupler help

Hello all.....Need a little help, Just broke the coupler off of my hopper and I am confused on what kind it is. The car itself is a Micro-trains #09900020, SAL Evans hopper, I looked on tag and they say it has Barber Roller Bearing trucks, now, here is where I get confused, went to Micro-trains...
  8. M

Bessemer and Lake Erie caboose

Hello all, Does anybody happen to know where I can get an N scale caboose for the Bessemer and Lake Erie? New or Used. Any help will be greatly appreciated, Mike
  9. M

Rapido coupler change

Hello all, How hard is it to change from rapido couplers to another style such as the Micro Trains style, I see some Alas engines on eBay that are a fair deal but the engines I like have the rapido style coupler on them and all the cars I have accumulated so far are from Micro Trains or...
  10. M

Better N scalae magazine

Hello all...I started to get Model Railroader Magazine awhile back, not seeing what I actually want in it, is there a better magazine around dealing with n scale model railroading etc?...As always, thank you for your help...Mike
  11. M

N scale trucks and coupler help

Hello there, One of my buddies where I work has given me a shoebox full of n scale freight cars, there are some Atlas, Bachmann and Life-Like and some others but most are the names mentioned, some of these are in really great shape except they are missing the couplers or have the Rapido style...
  12. M

Con-Cor, Walthers brands and radius question

Hello all and Happy New Year, I bought a Walther's Catalog for N gauge and was somewhat disappointed in brands such as Athearn was not in it, However, this leads to my next question, Looking for opinions on Walther's, Con-Cor and Fox Valley N gauge cars, especially passenger cars . Also, what...
  13. M

Newbie has lots of questions!, need some help

With help from the 'group" I made my decision and have gotten things going, I actually figured out what size platform I am going to build taking into consideration many of the iteas that I got from here. Made a plan up (scary!) and am going to start laying track soon. Some of the questions I...
  14. M

Progress update - so far!

Okay, we are finally getting things together, made a track plan for 2 engines to run on, got my layout material and am ready to assemble benchwork and get this going...Before I forget, Thank you to all for the help....Got some track and materials to get going with. My next question is about...
  15. M

Track question

Hello all, Got some things figures out and am going to start to build an N scale layout, figuring in all things it will be 44" inches wide x 112" long. This way it will fit nicely on my long wall in spare room..Anyhow, I figured to use Atlas code 80 nickle silver track, I plan to have a...
  16. M

I'm thinking about switching to N gauge

Been thinking about this for awhile, I have moved and the house I now live in has no basement. I have a "spare" room available that is 11' x 11.5', I have quite a collection of HO gauge items amassed, however, I just cannot get the right layout going that I want. This is why I was thinking...

Back