Search results

1. J

Vic Smith's "The City's Edge" Layout - build pics?

I realize that's a pretty old layout. I've done some searching the last few days and haven't found much, other than a 2-page writeup and video of it. http://www.gothamcitysub.com/pages/vic1.htm page 2 there has the video. I currently have a huge 9X14 L-shaped layout that I'm tearing down...
  2. J

Any other railroads double head with Union Pacific?

Theres a local coal terminal here, and I always see a couple UP consists, a UP/BNSF consist, and a UP/SP consist, all on the East side of I-24 here in Paducah.
  3. J

Water, how to add ripples etc.

I used the Gel Gloss Medium on Selectors recommendation and it worked perfect.
  4. J

So this hobby shop calls with a problem...

I've been buying a lot of discontinued kits from ebay lately - all are new and still shrinkwrapped. What I have found, is that most of them have 1 or 2 castings that are broke. After repairing them, I think it adds character to the buildings to give them the old look.... It's good that Randy...
  5. J

1/87th Vehicles

Fresh Cherries Honda Civic that just arrived:
  6. J

Imex Buildings

I picked up the 2 car garage, not impressed at all.
  7. J

Adding working lights to firetruck?

i just picked up a set of simulated strobes in red for a firetruck of mine. Haven't installed them yet, but it shouldn't be too bad. http://www.miniatronics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=2_6
  8. J

What do you do for a living?

Lots of ways to KEEP people working AND create new jobs right now.
  9. J

What do you do for a living?

Manager at a Uranium Enrichment Facility, hoping that the Nuclear power plants get going here in the states.
  10. J

Done with chalk, anyone know how to do rust?

Sand your chalk down to powder, then brush it on. Matte clear after it's done.
  11. J

Wpf 2-10/2-16

12. J

Newbie from Ky

Wait, I'm from KY too!!! What part are you guys from?
  13. J

New guy from Ky

X2 on what part of KY.... I'm from the Western part :D Welcome
  14. J

1/87th Vehicles

Added a couple to mine - Model Power, mostly.
  15. J

MTH engine problems running with DCC

I assume this problem doesn't happen with other engines?
  16. J

Wpf 12-9/12-15

Model Power I believe. Came from Burbank House of Hobbies.
  17. J

big boy really ?? lol

First picture is one they likely stole from Rivarossi. That's what I hate about ebay stores, they're too lazy to take pics of the items they have, they use "stock" photos. 2nd and 3rd pic are correct for a Big Boy though.
  18. J

Wpf 12-9/12-15

19. J

My work in progress - HO scale

Obviously still a lot left. I'm gonna have to do something different with the grass. All I had for static grass was light green, and I had already sprinkled out a nicer looking summer green around the curve. I'll probably pick up something matching and add it on top of the static grass by...
  20. J

Hello from Illinois!

Welcome, I'm from just south of the Southern-most tip of IL....

Back