Search results

1. D

Locomotive dead?

I'm stumped! I recently bought my daughter a basic HO starter kit (a Bachmann Red Rock Express). It was working without any problems since the day we bought it. She had been running it the past few days with just the locomotive. Today it was running fine. Everything was turned off and...
  2. D

Question about rerailers and track bed

I'm new to model trains and recently started building an HO layout on plywood; the track is Atlas HO code 100. I haven't tacked down the track yet, but I noticed when I was messing around with the locomotive today that it sounded like it wasn't running as smooth as it should. The total layout...
  3. D

Questions about track

I'm a complete newb when it comes to scale model trains, but quite enthusiastic and hoping to learn quickly. I picked up a Bachmann starter set (HO scale) for my daughter and I to enjoy, and to be honest, it's quite nice for the price. But, I think we're going to outgrow e-z track and I want...
  4. D

Newb from Southern California

Hi everyone! A brief intro. I'm a complete newb to model trains but have been fascinated since I was a child. When I was in 2nd grade, a very generous neighbor gave me a fully built set when he started building a much bigger layout. Unfortunately, I had to give it away when we moved a year...

Back