Search results

1. T

less expensive power source?

Hi all, I am about to start the conversion to DCC or Railpro (anyone have any experience w/ Railpro? it sounds like it "might" be a better system). My question is: instead of spending a lot of $ to buy a "name" power source for the system, could I use a computer power source? I have a couple of...
  2. T

VERY early steam in N scale

Hi all, While I am currently trying to do an HO layout, I want to do a small Christmas layout on a buffet by the front door. Since it is only 18" deep, I will have to do it in N scale. I would like to do an early to mid 1800's Christmas layout. Has anyone ever made an N scale DeWitt Clinton...
  3. T

New line of Brass Trains

I guess this is the best place to put this... Two friends and I decided that quality Brass trains were just too freakin expensive, so we have decided to come out with a line of our own. The problem is .. I am into golden age steam, Doug likes transition era, and JJ likes modern...
  4. T

Should have been in this thread .. sorry

make your own static grass flocker: http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=224815#post224815 Sorry for the mis-post. :o
  5. T

Save $ and make our own static flocker

Hi, I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this. If it isn't, will the moderator please move it to the correct one. (Oops .. this prob should be in "Scenery" .. sorry) I have been "drooling" over the new static flockers, but they want soooo much money for one. I came across a reference...
  6. T

Why not white foam board?

I keep seeing "do not use the white foam". Since I happen to have a bunch of it from other projects, it sure would save me money. Besides, both Home Depot and Lowes here don't seem to have any "blue" or "pink" board in stock. I have been seriously advised to NOT use florist foam because it...
  7. T

Hi from St. Petersburg, Fl

Hi all! I am (trying to) build my first layout; 3 walls of a 10 x 12 room. As long as my wife doesn't kill me when she finds out how much I have already spent (don't even have any scenery yet, or track down:o), I will be probably be here asking a bunch of "noobie" questions fairly often...

Back