Search results

1. Coy

Tower 55 ES44DC Drive Train Specialty Gear

I used epoxy on mine a year or so ago. I'll pick up a couple sets of these for the next time they fail.
  2. Coy

Railfan nearly run over by ES44 shooting vid of vintage loco (video)

What an idiot. Never even put down the camera.
  3. Coy

Business Practice

I stopped selling on E-bay because shipping/packaging/paying their fee's outweighed the worth of selling anything. On one occasion last year I sold four locomotives. By the time I paid for shipping for the four and adequate packaging I had already gone over the cost of one of the locomotives I...
  4. Coy

Athearn Genesis Coupler Replacement Difficulties

I used pointed tweezers to lift the lever as I slide the factory box underneath it.
  5. Coy

Help s.o.s

I haven't had Athearn refuse a parts request when I talked to them on the phone. That's including selling me a shell for something I messed up, which was against their SOP for such a recent model.
  6. Coy

Help s.o.s

I owned many of the mid-production SD70MACs and the main problem I had was mainly due to warping of the trucks. I contacted Athearn and they sent me replacement trucks for three of them including sideframes. Of the nearly 20 Athearn Genesis models I have owned, I have had 3 bulbs burn out...
  7. Coy

Loco Roster

I sold everything but my UP locomotives (including MTH SD70ACe UP 1988, which I will eventually replace with the Athearn version) I had before and bought a few more UP locomotives. Looking for a few more and then I can start my BNSF roster. I will be starting on a layout soon and decided on a...
  8. Coy

MTH New release for 2014

I might be in for a couple UP/BNSF ES44's , and a C44-9W. Those look pretty nice.
  9. Coy

The High Cost of Model Railroading

Seriously. Sounds like a train "hipster". "I was into model railroading before it was cool."
  10. Coy

The High Cost of Model Railroading

Ok boss. You do it your way, but from where I'm sitting it's doing just fine.
  11. Coy

Athearn/Horizon Hobby is Squeezing the Life out of Brick & Mortar

So to be a "REAL" model railroader you have to work for the railroad? First I heard of this, where do I turn in my trains? Sounds like the judement of a "SADASS" individual. Never used the ignore feature on any forum until today, and I am rarely even here.
  12. Coy

Athearn Genesis SD70ACes?

I have quite a few of Athearn Genesis SD60-70 variants, and I have had to work on the trucks on all of them to get them to run correctly (other than one SD60M, and one SD70MAC). I bought two ACe's and didnt have to do a thing to them. Guess I got lucky. Also they run pretty good on DC with...
  13. Coy

Paint removal

I recently used 91% alchohol tp strip a Tower 55 ES44 and figured it would have to sit all night. I tried it a half hour after I submerged it, used a medium bristle toothbrush, and most of it came off. Two hours later and it was completely clean. I have also done this with a Kato AC4400, but...
  14. Coy

Athearn SD70ACe review and comparison

julienjj, Yes, they are. If you look above the magnet bracket, you can see the guide hole that would set them above the cab interior, instead of hanging down into it. With the wires being set the way they are in both of mine, and yours also it seems, pushes the back wall of the cab down, and...
  15. Coy

They are both DC. The problem with them is that the bulb is not fully seated in the ditchlight housing. I fixed them both today. Thanks.
  16. Coy

The only problems I have had with my two UP ACe's (8334/MOPAC) is the engineer side ditchlights are dim on both of them, and the wire for the headlights are routed under the roof magnet braket instead of through the guide hole they provide so you can see the wires hanging down into the detailed...
  17. Coy

Your Other Hobbies

Cars- currently drive an 05 GTO, selling it to get a newer (06+)Corvette ZO6 in the next year or so. Have had many other cars that I have modded and sold before finishing what I started, 3 LS1 Trans Am's and one Firehawk Formula. Occasionally help friends and family with their cars. I also play...
  18. Coy

Loco Roster

CSX- 2 YN3 AC6000 (BLI) 1 YN3 ES44DC (in progress, Tower 55 build) 1 YN3 ES44DC (Intermountain pre-order) 2 YN3 SD70MAC (Athearn Genesis) 1 YN3 SD70M (Athearn Genesis) 1 YN3 SD60I (Athearn Genesis) 2 YN2 SD70MAC (Athearn Genesis) 1...
  19. Coy

Anyone know where Josh Is?

Thanks for the reply Josh.
  20. Coy

Anyone know where Josh Is?

Same, I have been looking at pictures of UP/UP MP ACe's for too long. lol

Back