Search results

1. hoboblues75

blank switch list template needed

yikes... I thought this was a sure thing. Looks like I will have to try to create one myself.
  2. hoboblues75

Steam Locomotive Question

from wikipedia... "In some instances, particularly on branch lines having no turnaround such as a turntable or wye at the terminus point, locomotives ran in reverse with the tender leading the train. In such instances, a headlamp (US) or headcode lamps/discs were placed on the leading end of...
  3. hoboblues75

Silver Valley RR video

that canyon is very cool. Nice vids!
  4. hoboblues75

Holy damn I love my intermountain FP7A.

damn... that is smooth. Nice vid.
  5. hoboblues75

blank switch list template needed

does anyone have a simple blank switch list template in pdf. or word format that you would be willing to share?
  6. hoboblues75

Thanks Carey! If it was 100% unrealistic I wouldn't do so but the more I look the more it seems like this kind of thing did occur. Enough so that it isn't a crazy or off the wall notion. Now all I need is for my track to come in and I can get started.
  7. hoboblues75

thank you everyone! I picture my railroad being a rather small one so I am going to go with it. I have never been one to 100% adhere to rules anyways.
  8. hoboblues75

so I guess I am referring to "tender first" as shown in this youtube vid... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRr7-rmeOsk
  9. hoboblues75

Did it happen often enough that a 0-6-0 with a sloped tender would run in reverse (facing the wrong direction but with it's train still behind it) while returning from switching a small town due to lack of turning (ie. turntable) facilities? does that question make sense? I saw it happening...
  10. hoboblues75

switching layout question (dumb newbie question)

thanks everyone! This has all been very helpful. The reason I put a 1x6 switching layout into the equation is because I wanted to know the scope that cabooses would be used. To me, that represented the smallest possible layout. Basically I am re-doing my layout mid-stream because I saw...
  11. hoboblues75

Thank you both. Dameon, you hit the nail on the head! I am doing a short-line railroad that just goes around a town or maybe a few "simulated towns". (one town where a few laps of the track suddenly change it to a "different" but similar close by town.
  12. hoboblues75

newby questions

Carey, thank you for responding. That pretty much answers my question. Thank you! Is it possible that they would operate completely without a caboose or that the railroad leaving the cars on the interchange track (to my shortline) would leave a caboose for them? so basically the...
  13. hoboblues75

newby questions

Did prototypes run cabooses on pre-1980's switching layouts (industrial/shortline railroads)? I am talking what the small 1'x6' HO shelf switcher layouts would model? Would it have been prototypically correct to do so? How often would the caboose have to be actually working with the locomotive...
  14. hoboblues75

Do people run cabooses on pre-1980's switching layouts? I am talking the small 1'x6' HO shelf switcher layouts? Would it have been prototypically correct to do so? How often would the caboose have to be actually working with the locomotive, etc? Please forgive me in advance if this is in...
  15. hoboblues75

Coffee Shop XXVII

the weather is looking good here in New England today.... even if the Red Sox are not. Oh well, my model train is running on time... even if the MBTA is not. :-)
  16. hoboblues75

Signs in your Trainroom

this thread is awesome!
  17. hoboblues75

Switching Layouts vs. Oval Layouts

my prayers were solved by Atlas's free track planning software. whew. It hiccups here and there but it really helped. I have 4-6 industries, a passing track and an interchange track all mostly comfortably into my space with a small oval for continuous running. Now to just purchase the track...
  18. hoboblues75

Show Your Face

Me at Fenway Park
  19. hoboblues75

Coffee Shop XXVII

The weather is beautiful in New England for a change. My football (real football) club is off to a decent start and I am having a great time building a model of a grain elevator. Now to decide on paint colors.
  20. hoboblues75

Workin on the Railroad (what did you do this week?)

mostly building models this week. Trying to run the train on the tracks some and enjoy what is already set-up. The usual.

Back