Search results

1. A

52 year old scratchbuilt station

My dad built this scratchbuilt station from a pattern by Ideal corp. It was cardboard and had printed doors and windows, with black lines to indicate the clapboard siding. He used clapboard wood and cut out all the windows and doors and faced them with 1/32" balsa. The door knobs were...
  2. A

Looking for HO scale copy of Pleasantville station by Ideal corp.

I was wondering if anybody out there had a copy of the station that Ideal Corporation made out of cardboard in the late 50s to early 60s. It was HO scale and was called Pleasantville Station. It was printed on cardboard and all you had to do was put it together. Any other buildings that Ideal...
  3. A

working hopper car question?

I have an HO gauge working hopper car. It is about 50 years old, but in perfect condition. Our model train group is making a new layout and I would like to have this hopper drop the coal from the working metal doors. Problem is that I do not have the trip mechanism that opens up the doors. I...
  4. A

Model Railroader Magazine Dec 1959

I have been a member of a RR group at our senior community, and one of the members has about 20 copies of MR magazine. They are from the 1950's and 1960's. He wanted to know if this is something that would be of interest to any Model Railroaders and how much they were worth. Is there anybody...
  5. A

hoist HO layout to ceiling in garage

I tried searching the HO forum for this topic but came up with nothing. So I will throw this question out there for all to read and possibly let me know if they have seen this done or how to do it. I would like to be able to use my garage to build my HO layout, but also use it for my car in...
  6. A

Has anyone built a layout over a bed?

I am trying to use my guest bedroom to double as my train layout room. Has anybody built a train that would have a pull out bed underneath it? I would be interested in any ideas that members could reply with. I don't want to put layout on pulleys and heist up to ceiling. I have not started...

Back