Search results

1. P

Weathered New Spectrum 4-6-2

Here are the stages of weathering. What else should I do? I'd like to show blowout plugs leaking white, but I honestly don't know where the plugs are. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks. Jim
  2. P

Steam Engine, First Layer of Weathering

Thanks for the comments, guys. Dortoh, that is one beautiful job. I will try to end up with (hopefully) something like that.
  3. P

Steam Engine, First Layer of Weathering

Here's my new loco (Spectrum 4-6-2), 1. out of the box and 2. Following dullcote and and grimy black. I don't know where to go from here, and would welcome any suggestions. Thank you.
  4. P

Need New HO Steam Loco

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the help one can get on a forum like this. Happy new year to all.
  5. P

Need New HO Steam Loco

My old bachmann steamer gave up the ghost today, so I'm looking for replacement suggestions. Only have about $100 to spend (retired, fixed income, etc.) Please recommend something. Thanks.
  6. P

Comment by 'PapaJim' in media 'Boston Corners Stave & Heading Co.'

Beautiful structure and scene! Thanks for the post.
  7. Bullard's neighborhood

Bullard's neighborhood

With Paradise Vendors, supplier of Heavenly Hot Dogs dispensed from cart shown
  8. Bullard's

Bullard's

9. Bullard's Furniture & Appliances

Bullard's Furniture & Appliances

Bullard's was a flagship store in old New Haven, CT
  10. Work Area

Work Area

11. P

Fire Hydrants, Mailboxes,etc.

Thanks guys.
  12. P

Looking for street scene details in HO.
  13. P

What's a good source for street scene details, and what details are available? Thanks, Jim
  14. P

Rain Gutters for HO Buildings?

I use .100" half-round for gutters and .100" round for downspouts, both styrene. Scale and shape looks OK to me.
  15. P

My First (Mostly) Scratch-Build, Levy Pants

The roof is made of index card strips, scalloped along one edge, and overlapped. I made a styrene pattern for the scallop, since it was repeated many times. I hope somebody else has read the book!
  16. P

My First (Mostly) Scratch-Build, Levy Pants

This is also my first post, so please bear with me. I will try to attach a picture of my Levy Pants factory, which is described in one of my favorite novels, "Confederacy of Dunces". This is what can happen when two hobbies are intertwined by a crazy person.

Back