Search results

1. Southwest Chief

Operating air raid siren

Got the air raid siren hooked up and working on my HO scale layout. A necessity for my late 1950s cold war era layout. Here is a YouTube video link to see and hear it in operation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06yY0NIRMyo
  2. Southwest Chief

Some pics of my progressing HO layout

Here are four photos of my progressing HO scale layout. I tried to get all four angles to show as much of the entire layout as I could: Link to very large photo Link to very large photo Link to very large photo Link to very large photo The layout is based on...
  3. Southwest Chief

Greyhound Scenic Cruiser

Greyhound Scenicruiser My Classic Metal Works Greyhound Scenicruiser (HO scale) arrived today. Great looking bus. The tinted windows are nice. The details package includes windshield wipers and rear view mirrors to be added. I took some quick photos of it on the layout:
  4. Southwest Chief

Albuquerque window washer

Does anyone remember the forklift window washer that used to be in Albuquerque, New Mexico? While I'm too young to have seen it under Santa Fe operation, I fondly remember it being used by Amtrak. This sure was a highlight on the Southwest Chief. Too bad Amtrak stopped using it...sometime...
  5. Southwest Chief

A new super rare addition to our layout

A new super rare addition to our layout, McDonald's I finally found a Life-Like McDonalds kit (unassembled). Those who know about these know how rare they are. From what I've read, there was an issue with McDonalds licensing and the kit was pulled from the stores almost as soon as it...
  6. Southwest Chief

Some new photos of my HO scale military base

I have been slowly progressing with the military base section on our layout. It's very loosely based on Camp Irwin (present day Fort Irwin) that is near Barstow, California. I'm also ballasting the tracks in this area, so you might notice the unballasted section in the background. Previous...
  7. Southwest Chief

Intermountain 70 ton flatcar?

I'm looking for any info from someone who owns any of the HO scale Intermountain 70 ton flatcars. How do they look and operate? Typical high quality Intermountain? Anything I should be aware of? Have any photos of them on your (or a clubs) layout? Thanks
  8. Southwest Chief

Military trains

I took some new photos of the desert army base section on our HO layout. It's set in the California Mojave desert around 1957 or so on our Santa Fe themed layout. Does anyone else here have military trains, a base, airfield, etc... on their train layouts? If so, please share photos if you...
  9. Southwest Chief

Interior Details?

I'm working on some interior plans for a few older Suydam residential kits I recently acquired. I'd like to go all out with these with semi to full interiors. It would be easy to make kitchen wall cabinets with wood and such, but chairs and other details will require more work. I was looking...
  10. Southwest Chief

Help neede for modeling BNSF's La Mirada trains

I've been planning to simulate one of the BNSF La Mirada switch jobs that travels through northern Orange County, California. I live fairly close to where these trains run, and it's neat to see them whenever I'm down by the tracks. Over the years the consist and locos that pull these trains...

Back