Search results

1. G

designing a intermodal free-mo module

The BN Denver intermodal yard refered to at the beginning of this thread is featured in Model Railroader August 1991 page 72 Cheers, Simon
  2. G

Gp38ac?

Hi Trey, The major difference between a GP38-2 and a GP38AC is in the power plant. A GP38-2 uses a generator tthat produces DC voltage, whereas a GP38AC has an altenator that produces AC voltage, which is converted to DC via thyristor contttttrols. Cheers, Simon
  3. G

Weekly Photo Fun 18 Jun / 24 Jun 09

Jim (UP2CSX), thanks for the kind words. The fence is from a Kibri kit, Walthers p/n 405 - 8605. There's enough material to make 10ft of fencing. Cheers, Simon
  4. G

Zak, that's a very good effort for a first attempt. Here's a night scene that I shot recently. For those of you who are wondering what that is that's hanging off the loading dock, it's one of the workers, he tripped over a barrel that he was rolling along the dock and ended up taking a...
  5. G

I refer to this photo as "a view along the tracks". It's actually a shot of my scratchbuilt "Cold Storage Distribution Centre" Cheers, Simon
  6. Amtrak_F59PHI

Amtrak_F59PHI

7. G

Weekly Photo Fun 6-4/6-10

Jim, thanks for the compliments and that is done in HO scale. The pool table, bar counter and the bar shelves are all home made. Here's a few closeups of the interior taken during construction Cheers, Simon
  8. G

Weekly Photo Fun 6-4/6-10

A different view Hi Fellas, Here's a different view on life A look inside Cheers, Simon
  9. G

posting old MR articles on web ?

Copyright Gregc, the best thing to do is contact Kalmbach Publishing and ask for their permission. Also give a brief description of what you want to use the article for. I did this for a project of mine and had no problems. Cheers, Simon
  10. G

Genesis stock question, and Hello

Dave, here are some links to some Bachmann Amfleet cars http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=1218 http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=1222...
  11. G

Southern: long hood forward, short hood forward? Why?

High short hood Here is one reason why diesels had high short hoods :- The long hood of a locomotive is usually about as tall as the cab roof in order to fit the large prime mover and the exhaust equipment. Originally the short hood of the locomotive was the same height, which is referred to...
  12. G

Paper Mill Layout

Kraft mill I worked in a kraft mill here in Cape Town South Africa. We didn't have much of a smell problem as it was a recycling mill. That is we reprocessed card board boxes in order to make new kraft paper, which is used to make boxes. We had no rail service, everything came by road...
  13. G

A Colod Storage Distribution Centre

:) Thanks for the comments guys, they are much appreciated. nmaniac, the fence comes from a Kibri kit #8605 Jim, the brick foundation is Faller "N" gauge brick paper Cheers, Simon :cool:
  14. G

Flat car loads

:) Here are some flat car loads that I made. The loads are actually held in place by the tie downs, as per prototype, no glue used !! Roundhouse 60ft bulkhead flat car with a wrapped lumber load by Jaeger Concor 54ft flat car with air conditioner load by Roco Walthers 54ft flat...
  15. G

A Colod Storage Distribution Centre

A Cold Storage Distribution Centre :) Here are a few pics of a scratch built background structure that I built. It's built as a plug in diorama. I built it as a cold storage distribution centre, but it can be used for any type of industry. Here are some close up shots...
  16. G

Just signed up

Thank you :) Thanks for the welcome guys, it is much appreciated. Hi there Josh, nice to see a familiar name. Jim, you ask how I came to model NA railroading, it's a long story, so let's just say it was an evolutionary process Cheers, Simon :D
  17. G

Just signed up

:) Hi everyone, First let me wish everyone a Happy & Prosperous New Year. I'm Simon Busby and I reside in the City of Cape Town, South Africa. I model North American railroads in HO scale, with my favorite railroad being the BNSF. I don't have a layout at present, so I spend my time building...

Back