Search results

1. Mopac Junkie

Two months(ish) progress

Back into this after a 30 ish year hiatus. This is my progress working this in my spare time. I am at the point where i have an operational layout and can begin major landscaping. Note: i am not a fan of over and under bridges but i have many grandchildren that will enjoy seeing it.
  2. Mopac Junkie

How to hide or landscape turntable?

Sorry no pics here but i am struggling on ideas for my atlas turntable. Obviously the turntable it self remains reveled but what about all of those unused slots and the outer perimeter itself? cover with ballast? vegetetaion? am open to pics and ideas please?
  3. Mopac Junkie

Lazy man’s HO Roadbed

Picked up four sheets of this 1/4” cork at “the right price”. Should I leave as is or trim the excess away?
  4. Mopac Junkie

Sound without DCC

I am old school using all old school DC locomotives just getting back into the game.. I dont foresee myself ever converting everything over to DCC BUT, I love the sounds available via DCC. Is there an option available with a speaker/device of some sort that could be camouflaged into my layout...
  5. Mopac Junkie

Newbie from Louisiana.

Just introducing myself here. I am building a 8' x 17' HO layout in the garage using some of the stuff from my young days and my son's young days. Life happened 25 years ago and we packed everything up into boxes. Hurricanes Katrina and Ida took their toll on about half of my goods but i am...

Back