Search results

1. Cherish

Steam Shed Cheri-starting out.

These are definitely the cheaper ones. I have been busy , but there are sitting right here. Just waiting for a time slot to work on them. Been looking for thick foam for the base. Is there someplace special to get it? Thinking of getting the 1" and just gluing it together for thickness where I...
  2. Cherish

Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Ha-ha! i love it. I am a dog person. these are my gang. I would go insane if they weren't here. Cheri
  3. Cherish

They are Bachman.
  4. Cherish

I bhave 2 identical and they are both falling apart.
  5. Cherish

I got the plywood cut in half. not building yet.. just playing. Mostly finding out what I have that works. So far 1 of 3 engines are working. the other 2 (twins) are both broken-wheels coming off linkage falling out. I did get another package of assorted track, and was able to get the figure 8...
  6. Cherish

Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Holy crap! Only 17 degrees and the sun bright, the sky is clear. Got a volunteer job today at Animal House Project, but on the way home i am checking on plywood and 1x2s. Might stop at the train shops too just to get a feel on what is out there and prices. Cheri
  7. Cherish

I wonder what would happen if you loaded it on one of todays new laptops?
  8. Cherish

Well, here is my mess so far. You can see I have plenty of room, and plenty of stuff. Id love to run on both walls, but I am starting small. I think 4x8, maybe 8x8. I'm going to see if I can fit a sheet of plywood in my SUV, plus some 1x2 braces for now and just set it on top of the table. Dying...
  9. Cherish

Haven't done this for years!

Well, I got the book and read the first 2 chapters. I must say, I am impressed. Still didn't do any layout because I just don't have the table big enough. My brain has me doing a setup on 3 walls, actually 2 walls and 2 corners. Trying to find someone with a truck to get lumber. also, there are...
  10. Cherish

New Train layout 6-1-23

Does anyone still use chicken wire, newspaper and plaster of paris?
  11. Cherish

I'm single and loving it. Do what I want to do when I want to. Married once, 3 live-ins, and now in a pplace of my own. Mainly because when I live with someone I take care of them and avoid taking care of myself. Now it's all on me. Doing quite well too. Cheri
  12. Cherish

Glad i'm not the only one1
  13. Cherish

Good morning! Or should say afternoon. 34 degrees and a foot of ssnow here in PA. Tried to work with the trains on the basement floor and I just can't do it. Too used and abused. Going to have to get a sheet of plywood and put it on milk crates. Then I can sit on my little painters bench and...
  14. Cherish

You are making me hungry.
  15. Cherish

Help Confirming This Loco and (Extra) Parts

i have a similar friend. His wife died 15 years ago. He still has trouble with holidays and birthdays. Very sad situation. Just be glad he took some interest in something positive. Too many end up drinking too much.
  16. Cherish

Another question or 2: Can I use brass and nickel track on the same line as long as they are the same code? And how do I clean and oil (what kind) the track pieces. Haven't tried anything yet. Cheri
  17. Cherish

Thanks for all the references. I'm really not sure where I am going with this yet. The more I read here, the more my imagination gets the best of me. I just don't want to overwhelm myself. For right now it is goling on the basement floor until I figure out a track plan. Then I will decide...
  18. Cherish

Good morning! Got about 6 inches of snow last night. Looks like a good day to go to the basement and start the trains up. I just have a small oval right now. All I have was used and either needs cleaning and/or repair. Should keep me busy for today. Have a good one! Cheri
  19. Cherish

Greetings!

Welcome! I am new here and new to HO trains. Played with O scale as a kid, but nothing like I'm seeing here. Cheri
  20. Cherish

Thanks. Is there a particular book or magazine that is best for beginners? I've looked at several, but I'd rather someone recommend something. Some of the stuff I saw was a bit much. I don't want to get myself to the point that I quit. Cheri

Back