Search results

1. T

Weathering Engines a Continuous thread.

Getting down with the rust. :cool:
  2. T

Weathering Rolling Stock, a Continous thread

Wanted to do this on one of my tank cars for quite some time now. :)
  3. T

A Little Painting, A little Weathering

Before I got heavy in to weathering I used to do a little painting for myself. There were locomotives that I really wanted to have and most were just fantasies but I still had to have a few so I did my own such as the EJ&E units pictured here, they never existed but in my world now they do. :)...
  4. T

I think I might have mentioned something when I first started posting here recently. The easiest and really good looking weathering job is with a wash of either of two oil artists tube type paints , just a small amount pressed in a small bottle like the kind you would buy your normal modeling...
  5. T

I just had to do one of these, needed another option than regular freight rolling stock. :)
  6. T

Always loved the KCS grey ghosts, I live in a KCS town and used to see them all the time, wish they let em be, here's two in my N Scale collection. :cool:
  7. T

This particular brand and color didn't need any thinning, in fact it was just a bit too thin but maybe it's supposed to be since people might not use it for airbrushing. As for the PSI I generally run around 22- 25 PSI but with all my airbrushing I always use a small test piece of posterboard to...
  8. T

The handrails were done with Burnt Umber artist oil paint, the rest was airbrushed with AK Rust Streaks paint. :-)
  9. T

Another one of my rust buckets :-)
  10. T

Anyone Can Do It

Well as I mentioned above you can get graffiti decals and also here's a great tutorial on you tube if you want to try and draw your own. :)
  11. T

Before Weathering....

Yeah I'm sure they would. :)
  12. T

Before Weathering....

Before getting into weathering I used to paint my own locos, all fantasy type locos and very basic painting, here's a few. :)
  13. T

Anyone Can Do It

I'll be posting from time to time on the loco and rolling stock threads, in fact I have a few there now if you haven't already seen them on both threads. :cool:
  14. T

Anyone Can Do It

For those who just lurk here wishing they could weather their rolling stock, here's a simple and effective way I do mine and it's even in N Scale. A simple wash of black artists oil paint diluted with Mineral Spirits , brushed on and brushed 95% off again so all you have is a somewhat dirty...
  15. T

A few rust buckets among the many pieces of rolling stock I have weathered. :)
  16. T

Yeah I'm on my over there too as I have many rolling stock weathered also. :cool:
  17. T

Yes sir and thanks for the invite. :)
  18. T

Just a few of my many weathered N Scale locos. :)
  19. T

End of The Line Cabooses

I don't ever use cabooses on my modeling as I model pretty much all modern, but I thought a good weathering project would be to weather some as being retired and waiting to be scrapped. :cool:
  20. T

Grain Elevator

Did this for a friend a while back, I used the MIG chipping effects to do this and thought it came out perfect for what I was shooting for. :cool:

Back