Search results

1. Kentuckyjed

Preserving old (ancient) plastic

Automobile Transmission fix or some fluids rejuvenate the worn rubber and plastic seals in transmissions and on some exposed bushings on the frames of vehicles. Don't know if this will work on plastic that the old train cars etc. were made of. Or what about any of the many automotive...
  2. Kentuckyjed

Dishonest Item Description on Ebay?

A lot of times when I see a seller that has a few train items and a lot of "other" stuff for sale I find that they typically are just passing it along with little or no knowledge of the item and sometimes you can get a good deal.
  3. Kentuckyjed

This has happened on more than one occasion to me. It usually works on the buyers behalf.
  4. Kentuckyjed

Ballast Options

I might just have to try this. Store bought ballast is very pricey for what you get.
  5. Kentuckyjed

Ballast Options

Also curious about the pool filter sand and any negative effects on rolling stock.
  6. Kentuckyjed

I think you have to dig around to find out what the deals really are. His feedback is actually pretty good. I have seen worse feedback when the seller only had 1 negative feedback out of a dozen or more positives. I guess if this was an item that I wanted to buy I would private message the...
  7. Kentuckyjed

I have bought several items for my layout on Ebay. Really only had one bad deal where the seller listed some buildings and train cars etc. with pics and when I got them there were parts busted off in different bags or missing altogether. When I questioned the seller and showed pictures of what I...
  8. Kentuckyjed

Train Clubs and Jail

That's what I was thinking.
  9. Kentuckyjed

YOWZA!

Holy C****, that is the craziest layout I have ever seen. Lot of time and talent went into and is continuing. Thanks for sharing.
  10. Kentuckyjed

Train Clubs and Jail

I see a prison train layout in the future at that club.
  11. Kentuckyjed

New "old guy"

Welcome to the forum. What part of MO do you reside? I am in KY now but was born in St. Louis and lived around the area, the last MO address was Kimmswick, about 30 or so miles south of St. Louis. Always interested where people are and if there might be mutual acquaintances in the areas. BZ
  12. Kentuckyjed

New to here and trains

Welcome to the forum. I have learned quite a bit on this forum. Have questions just ask. BZ
  13. Kentuckyjed

Liquid nails

Thanks for the info, I am using it to adhere the incline/decline foam to my foamboard. I have just tried it and it seems to work, just have to let it cure a bit. BZ
  14. Kentuckyjed

Using two DC transformers in a layout

I believe that is what I'm looking for been searching the interweb for a while, Thanks Chessie much appreciated.
  15. Kentuckyjed

I am guessing this would be two blocks.
  16. Kentuckyjed

The red circles are where the track isolators are located.
  17. Kentuckyjed

Liquid nails

Thanks for the info. I think I will try it on the WS incline/decline and use a latex caulk for the trackbed and track.
  18. Kentuckyjed

Hello, would anyone out there happen to have a visual diagram for using two DC transformers for two train operation. I have an isolated outer loop with two inner loops and they are all switched. I have the Atlas 215 and 220 selectors also, I am using MRC transformers for both loops. Looking for...
  19. Kentuckyjed

Liquid nails

I am sure some of you out there have used liquid nails for layouts etc. Has anyone had any issues using liquid nails to glue down the Woodland Scenics foam incline and foam trackbed. I have a few tubes and would prefer to use them if I can. I am gluing to foamboard if that makes a difference. I...
  20. Kentuckyjed

Howdy from Texas

Welcome from Kentucky, new here as well.

Back