Search results

1. K

Trains of thought

Good info, thank you. I was hoping to hear from someone that had experience with Unitrack.
  2. K

Trains of thought

Going out on a limb here but I would invite some input. My 1st N scale layout plan was to use Kato Unitrack double track mainline. I am 2nd guessing that design as I finish up my benchwork. I am not clear on how easy it is to branch off the main line with anything other than unitrack. From...
  3. K

Helix Building for N Scale - the method can also be used for HO Scale

Would it be coro, coroplast, corrugated plastic?
  4. K

Thanks for allowing me to join.

Willie, thank you! There is conflicting information regarding the same information you shared. I have reached the conculsion that while it may work, using transition curves to make a 180, if my thinking is correct it would look horribly wrong. My understanding of the transition curve (easement)...
  5. K

Willie, thank you! There is conflicting information regarding the same information you shared. I have reached the conculsion that while it may work, using transition curves to make a 180, if my thinking is correct it would look horribly wrong. My understanding of the transition curve...
  6. K

I plan to call Midwest hobby. Nearest hobby shop is probably 1.5 hours away.
  7. K

Mike I appreciate your effort. That's been my dilemma, gathering enough information from searches and youtube vids to make the determination. My gut tells me it is probably not going to work as I believe that the transition curve pieces for the easement are actually the beginning (or ending)...
  8. K

Thank you! I have downloaded Any Rail and begun learning and using it. My concern with those Kato curve pieces is the fact they are "transition" curve pieces, easements for the super elevated curve pieces. Any Rail allowed me to use them as a curve but hoping someone can verify that they can...
  9. K

Thank you Sir! Am in no big rush so waiting is fine with me
  10. K

Greetings from the Blue Ridge mountains of South West North Carolina! Not totally new to model railroading but new to N scale and Kato unit rack. rerurning after a 15+ year hiatus. My plan is an L-shaped N scale freelance layout fitting an area that measures 96" x 78", 2 piece "modular...

Back