Search results

1. GGNInNScale

Returning to model railroads after 40+ year hiatus

Hi I have used NCE PowerCab since I restarted in N scale in late 2021. I run up to 6 trains simultaneously (you do have to pay attention...!). It works really well, and once you know the buttons, you can work it without looking (for most functions).
  2. GGNInNScale

Power to idle locomotives on the layout

I worked in electronics since 1974. The reliability of modern electronic parts (there are exceptions with some Chinese sources) is really good. I still have amplifiers I built in 1972 that work perfectly (they did get new capacitors, as these are "wear parts"). You do not have to worry about...
  3. GGNInNScale

Power to idle locomotives on the layout

Hi I have the NCE PowerCab controller. I idle up to 12 or 13 engines in the yard and industrial sidings, while I run 4 trains on the main loops and one or two trains on the outer "high speed" passenger loops. Limit is 6 in the NCE unit. When all this is going on, I am pulling around 900mA...
  4. GGNInNScale

post your model RR tips........

Like it. I was thinking of 3D printing some tags. Here we do not get a lot of bread with the tag-things, mostly twist-ems...
  5. GGNInNScale

Anybody have a tow truck on their layout?

Yes. Showcase Models, used behind my Gulf gas station...
  6. GGNInNScale

post your model RR tips........

When I disassemble an engine, I reuse the plastic trays from ESU decoders. Lots of compartments to segregate various parts.
  7. GGNInNScale

AC units- 3D resin printed 4Ton, commercial chillers and ducting

I posted this elsewhere (probably the wrong place...) Anyway, here is a picture of the finished parts. Printed on an AnyCubic Mono2 at 30microns. the .stl file is at https://www.tinkercad.com/things/7YUzCiirkt3-ac-units-and-ductwork It is open for non-commercial use. Not yet painted...
  8. GGNInNScale

3D resin printed AC units- 4 ton, commercial chillers and ducting

I saw some designs online, so I figured I would make my own. The file is available in TinkerCad, https://www.tinkercad.com/things/7YUzCiirkt3-ac-units-and-ductwork It is open for copying, not for commercial use. See the image. Not yet painted... After painting:
  9. GGNInNScale

Converting an Old Kato U30C to LokSound

I got the response from YouTube when I tried a couple months ago, and gave it up immediately. It is Google, which is a disaster (my 900+ seniors in my university classes proved this point...).🤪
  10. GGNInNScale

N Scale Big Boy Ikea Shelf Diorama

Saw a BIg Boy years ago in Wyoming. OMG they are HUGE! Our kids were little at the time, and they were dwarfed even by the pilot wheels!
  11. GGNInNScale

Thanks! One issue with YouTube- I tried to join up, but they want a 5 minute personal video or my driver's license to make an account- NOT going to happen...
  12. GGNInNScale

I am changing an older Kato diesel to sound. The engine started with the two clip-in lighting PCBs. I machined out the frame as shown in the pictures using my Dremel bit in my drill press approach. I 3D-printed a small case for the 9x16mm OWS speaker (DigiKey). My case designs are on...
  13. GGNInNScale

SOLD- Lots of HO track- Switches, Wye, straight, curved, flex, power tabs, Code 100

Hi I will need your last name for mailing. I will take the box to the PO tomorrow morning and let you know. It weighs about 12 pounds or so. I will mail by lowest cost for you. John
  14. GGNInNScale

Newbe with some questrions

Hi I use PowerPoint. I made some templates, and use the free-hand drawing to fit up the track. Make a grid on a page, and scale it, and the rest falls into place. I have combined Atlas layouts (like in 6 HO Railroads You Can Build) with my templates. I try to use as much flex track as...
  15. GGNInNScale

SOLD- Lots of HO track- Switches, Wye, straight, curved, flex, power tabs, Code 100

Hello Jet OK. I need your address to figure out the shipping. Kindly send it to me. I will send you the total. Then, you can pay by PayPal. Thanks. John
  16. GGNInNScale

A whole LOT of N scale trucks, wheels, couplers, springs, pins, etc.- SOLD

Hi to all See the pictures. I am offering a big lot of trucks, couplers and related parts. These were removed during conversions of passenger and freight cars. There are MicroTrains and Rapido style parts. Metal and plastic wheels. $20 takes all. Shipping will be $6 by USPS. I take...

Back