Search results

1. M

DH123 Decoder in Athearn RTR

I bought a Athearn RTR SD40-2 and installed a DH123 Decoder in it. I put it on the tracks, and was not impressed with the performance. (i'm new to DCC) It takes almost half my throttle to get it moving (Zephyr Xtra), and the motor hums loud from Stop - to between 2-3. Once i get to almost...
  2. M

Can someone help me Identify this Loco.

I have this Santa Fe Loco.. The number is 1001 however, I don't think there ever was a 1001 Santa Fe, so maybe its a made up one. What I would like to know though if its a SD40. I have been trying to indentify it by looking at pictures but I cannot find a SD 40 that matches this one so it...
  3. M

Been a bit since I was on.

Hey everyone. Its been a few months since i was on, just thought i'd catch up. Today I went to the Great British Train Show in Brampton Ontario today. I was expecting a little bit more when it came to displays but the show was great. I have many pics and vids. I was also able to add...
  4. M

Belleville Model Railroad Club

I have been a member of this club for a month now. Great bunch of guys to work with. Very knowledgeable. I know theres not many local Canadians on here, but i thought i'd share this anyways. NEW MEMBERS WELCOME We meet every tuesday from 7-9:30. www.bellevillemodelrailroad.org...
  5. M

My first vid of HO

So this is my second vid on youtube but my first of my model train. Its nothing special at the moment. I took the vid for fun when i first set it up and just recently learned how to post vids on you tube. At the time, this was all i had. The SF super cheif with the passenger cars, and i...
  6. M

Curious to what loco....

Hi Guys, I joined my local model railroad club last night. I was just looking around and spotted a loco that was longer then the SD70. It had 8 axles and was at least a foot long if not a little bit longer. I will get pics next week of it if we can't figure it out.. but i thought the sd70...
  7. M

DCC NEWBY Question

Hey Everyone. So recently we just picked up our first DCC Ready Loco. I'm totally knew when it comes to DCC so my question is, DO you need to find a decoder that is made for a certain loco, or are all DCC Decoders compatible with most trains? Ours is a Hornby A4 Steam loco so i was searching...
  8. M

Anyone else collect British/Hornby?

Just wondering if anyone else here collects British and Hornby products. Or is anyone out there have or is doing a British theme set up? Today, we are going to pick up 2 of the limited edition 4-6-2 A4 Class (60012 & 60013). WE FINALLY also found an Evening star 92220 (brand new) which we are...
  9. M

Question on british renumbering?

My dad is going to be building a British set up. He was born and raised in England and recalled numbers (trainspotting) being for example, D3456. The D being for diesel etc i think. We are looking into hornby items and notice that numbers have been changed from a D number to a class number...
  10. M

Did some shopping.

So, i picked up my new Rivarossi 4-8-8-2 today. While i was there, my Dad and I decided to pick up some other stuff. Rivarossi 2-8-8-2 Santa Fe Dummy Loco Bachmann Spectrum Loco bunch of freight cars a huge lot of scenery items, trees, grass, etc Tech II Dualpower 2800 controller
  11. M

Rivarossi??? Any good?

SO tomorrow I am picking up a Rivarossi 2-8-8-4. I can't wait, i love steam trains and a 2-8-8-4 is nice to add to the collection. I have never heard of Rivarossi before.. is it any good.. The train is not DCC ready which is ok with me. Any suggestions?
  12. M

Would like to warn everyone

There is an EBAY user... TRAIN DEPOT SIN CITY. They sell what i have noticed quite a few broken trains. I got one off them, and it was suppose to be in excellent condition and it wasn't even in working condition. I noticed they are selling 2 more trains in the exact same condition. Their...
  13. M

The beginning of my steam collection.

Just got this the other day. She works but needs a cleaning. Measures 18 inches tip to tip. My apologies on crap pics, my camera sucks. 4-8-4 Have another 2-8-2 on the way, and looking for a british 2-10-0 Evening star. Heres the 2-8-2
  14. M

Newby needs Help

I just purchased a used 2-8-2. The guy says I will have to lubricate it and I have never done this. So does that mean just libricating all the outter moving parts with light oil? I put a search in for Lubricating Locomotives but it came up with nothing.
  15. M

What is ON30?

I see people converting Ho into ON30.. What is this?
  16. M

Laying track question

OK, i asked this in another thread but it got missed. Why does everyone lay the stuff under neath the track, like the gray foam or whatever. I look at pro displays and it doesn't seem to have it under the track. What benefits from it, and is it necessary? I never used it when i first...
  17. M

Rotary Snow Plow.

I have a working Rotary snow plow for HO. I found it at an old flea market for 20 bucks. I went to a train show last weekend and not one vendor had a working rotary snow plow.. are these not common? Brian
  18. M

NEW HERE! H.O al lthe way for me

Hey everyone. This site rocks BTW. Can't wait to use it more. I'm Brian, 26. I grew up with H.O. sets and fell in love with them. I then really fell in love with HORNBY accessories. Stupid me sold everything i had, i mean a lot. Now several years later i want to get back in. See what...

Back