Search results

1. midwayglenrr

I already like this forum better than others..

I appreciate that. The comments on that Trains article mirrors what I'm reading in comments on YT from laid off rr maintenance workers and those who took early retirements.. cutting corners to cut costs. One guy wrote: "I don’t think it’s working. I see the longer trains, certainly, with far...
  2. midwayglenrr

Greetings from Southeastern USA

Thank you, Glenn. You folks have a great setup here. I like the coffee shop, it's a great idea. Pretty comfortable setting here, overall.
  3. midwayglenrr

Thanks. Yes, I saw the running bear thread for March. I'm slowly realizing we're from all over the world, which is awesome. You just reminded me to practice hitting return when I get long-winded :)
  4. midwayglenrr

I'm wondering can anyone steer me towards threads with discussions on Precision Scheduled Railroading. I've only heard about it since the NS accident in East Palestine, but comments on Youtube videos have me curious about what it exactly is and how much it plays a role in the recent, frequent...
  5. midwayglenrr

Hahaha.. It's fine, I'd rather just leave this up than make a post with wordy durds in it.. Ima good boy lol
  6. midwayglenrr

Yes, please do. No worries. Axe away!
  7. midwayglenrr

Lol, no problem at all. I can be confusing, for sure. I shouldn't have started a rant post, anyway, and if I could figure out how delete it, I would, haha. I'm just glad to be here, this seems like a great place with great folks :)
  8. midwayglenrr

Oh, this I gotta here about. Sounds like a mix between a beverage and a board game :p
  9. midwayglenrr

It'll take me a bit to learn to navigate this site, it's different as far as how the posts and replies are arranged compared to other forums, but this is already my favorite. I'm brand new to a few model railroad forums. One other forum in particular seems a bit ridiculous. I have to be...
  10. midwayglenrr

What coffee do you like?

I may be crazy, but I preferred the dollar store brand when I brewed my own. Tried several brands but for some reason I could never get 'em right. Either too weak or too strong. Never had a problem with DG brand and it tasted fine, to me.
  11. midwayglenrr

What coffee do you like?

Yum!
  12. midwayglenrr

Here's a pic of the stand to give you a better idea of what it'll look like.
  13. midwayglenrr

Much appreciated. At first I couldn't reply to you bc your post was partly covered by an ad, but I'm on an Android phone.. sometimes it doesn't play well in desktop view.
  14. midwayglenrr

What coffee do you like?

I've never been able to make good coffee, it's more of a hassle than it's worth, so a couple years ago I tried iced coffee... It's now my go-to in the morning. I still love hot coffee, as long as someone else makes it. What's your favorite javabean?
  15. midwayglenrr

Much appreciated, thank you :)
  16. midwayglenrr

Thank you and much appreciated :)
  17. midwayglenrr

Thank you, yes I plan to let them participate in some construction :)
  18. midwayglenrr

Many thanks, glad to be here :)
  19. midwayglenrr

Thank you much. I'll be modeling N scale. I'm limited to 28" x 8ft, but most of my track will be obscured by trees and a ravine. It'll be totally enclosed with only a 5 foot wide, 26ish inch tall viewing area. Kinda like a "shadow box" model railway. The frame is an old repurposed auto parts...

Back