Search results

1. homersimpsonlikestrains

An interchangeable train layout!

Trees were just added now. Everything has been glued into place.
  2. homersimpsonlikestrains

Progress on the HO layout:
  3. homersimpsonlikestrains

Electrical question - What is the difference between: wattage, volts, and amps?

I'm not an electrician but what is the difference between wattage, volts, and amps? What is the easiest and simplest way to understand this? For example, each quadrant of my house has a 15 amp maximum. If I use a 10 amp power supply for my G scale train will this come close to blowing out a fuse?
  4. homersimpsonlikestrains

HO scale Kato Superliners will run on 15” radius curves!

I just received my HO scale Kato superliner car today and it is able to run on 15” radius curves (despite a large overhang)!
  5. homersimpsonlikestrains

Yes! It is possible. A layout that flips up and down can be made even for layouts that are 4 x 8ft. I originally wanted to make a 4x8 layout but my room does not have the space and that is why I made my layout only 3x6ft.
  6. homersimpsonlikestrains

The N scale layout is 28 x 72" The HO scale layout is 36 x 72"
  7. homersimpsonlikestrains

How do I lower the volume with Bachmann E-Z Command Plus?

I guess I'll just have to buy a much better DCC controller that allows all functions and all CV numbers.
  8. homersimpsonlikestrains

Thank you, but there is nothing in the Bachmann E-Z Command Plus instruction manual that shows how to adjust the volume. There is the function #8 which mutes the volume on or off.
  9. homersimpsonlikestrains

How do I lower the master volume of my HO scale Bachmann DCC GP40 with the Bachmann E-Z Command Plus? The volume of my locomotive is very loud and it is hurting my ears. I don't want to run it silent, I just want to lower the volume in half.
  10. homersimpsonlikestrains

Here is my interchangeable train layout that I can switch between N scale and HO scale. I can even hang the layout that I don’t feel like playing with on the wall like a picture frame. Each of these layouts have folding front legs and they can be folded down when not in use.
  11. homersimpsonlikestrains

Can the HO Kato P42 really run on tight radius curves?

Can the HO scale Kato P42 really run on tight radius curves (15 inches)? Or is this a typo on Kato? I'm referring to this: https://www.katousa.com/onlineshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71_74_160&products_id=2190
  12. homersimpsonlikestrains

What is the HO scale measurement of this passenger car?

I recently acquired a 9 inch long passenger coach car made by Life-Like from ebay. What is the scale measurement of this car in HO if it is 9 inches long?
  13. homersimpsonlikestrains

Rails sprayed with WD40 - any risk of fire?

Can electrical sparks from a moving train ignite the WD40 that I sprayed onto the lionel fastrak to prevent it from rusting? Isn't WD40 flammable?
  14. homersimpsonlikestrains

Can you solder two tubular track together?

I am connecting 027 straight tubular track to 031 curved tubular track. Can I solder them at the joints and will the solder hold up together or will it break?
  15. homersimpsonlikestrains

How often are you supposed to lubricate n scale locomotives?

Regardless of what kind of lubricant it is, am I supposed to avoid adding that to the wheels?
  16. homersimpsonlikestrains

I am using Bachmann conductive lubricant. Do I just add it to the pickup shoes and not the wheels?
  17. homersimpsonlikestrains

Thanks. No wonder that is why my trains are not running that good
  18. homersimpsonlikestrains

I noticed that after running my n scale locomotives for 30 minutes I have to add lubricant to the wheels or else they will have flaky on and off motion. Is this normal?
  19. homersimpsonlikestrains

Will WD-40 prevent rust?

Since the tubular track became rusty after I dipped them in vinegar and left them to air dry, should I use vinegar again or would CLR be better for removing the rust? And then I spray WD-40 on them.

Back