Search results

1. L

hey wow, guess what I got...

I thought they had been lost forever, but it turned out my BOXED TRAIN SET was at my moms. bought it YEARS ago, stored it, moved, lost it, found it. so. I have an engine. I have some cars. I have some track. cars have a CN logo on them. now. to get started. is there anything I...
  2. L

Industrial layouts.. thriving? or...

not? as I drive around industrial areas in town, there are lots of abandoned, empty, half torn down old buildings. that got me wondering. are all your industries on your layouts thriving and in good condition? or do any of you add partly demolished buildings, empty parking lots...
  3. L

its PINK!!! Why is it PINK????!!!!

I just read an article in the local paper about this diesel locomotive. http://www.solrs.ca/Equipment%20Roster/Rolling%20Stock%20wcr1518.htm I'm going to try and take an afternoon off to go and visit it, I'll try to get some p hotos. I haven't been on this board lately, its been busy...
  4. L

totally and completely off topic, but need to pick your brains

I'm planning an open house/fundraiser for Dec. to support the horse sanctuary that I run. so. I'm wondering, what would I do to attract people who are not necessarily horse crazy, but who might have a sort of "latent" (haha) interest in them? I'm having demonstrations of all the rescued...
  5. L

on average, how many $$$ do you spend

each year on your trains? I know it will vary, but what's the range? (I haven't even been to a train store yet, so have NO idea of what anything costs.) you don't even WANT to know what I spend on the horses each year, I have a feeling the train thing won't be nearly as expensive...
  6. L

so. how do I even get started?

hello, I'm new here! I've always had an interest in model trains, love seeing them in other peoples houses, garages, public displays, what have you. so now its time to start one of my own. this may be a bit odd, but I have a room in my BARN. upstairs, in the hayloft, next to the...

Back