Search results

1. lokithorjls

cleaning track

it is confusing i guess but thank you all for your replies. jerry
  2. lokithorjls

cleaning track

i have nickel silver rail code 80. i am Nscale running inside. thank you for helping.jerry
  3. lokithorjls

cleaning track

is there one fluid better than any other. i would like to know from the experienced RR out there. is alcohol just as good as any other or is there something better out there? Is there anything that helps to reverse or control oxidation? and thanks to all those that have helped me with so...
  4. lokithorjls

rolling stock

thanks dave i guess i am talking about better made trucks and cuplers. i am one of those that likes to scratch build things. i will be at some point trying my hand at scratch building cars. my question refers to any trouble i can avoid by avoiding brands that have a bad track record...
  5. lokithorjls

rolling stock

i should also mention that i love kits. hard to find in n scale
  6. lokithorjls

rolling stock

Thank you hamltnblue. it will help to know a few brandsl. i am disabled and must do most of my buying over the internet. so it it hard toknow things like metal wheels and the "feel" of the car. any more advise would always be welcome. jerry
  7. lokithorjls

rolling stock

are there some brands of cars that are better than others? can some one point me to the best brands? i model the 1950's mostly industry and a milk train. thank you i would like to take advantage of the knowlege here and learn from others mistakes. jerry
  8. lokithorjls

tonys trains Opinions anyone?

thanks thanks selector. I just got off the phone with tony himself and it is obvious that he really knows his stuff and is willing to help his customers.
  9. lokithorjls

tonys trains Opinions anyone?

i am thinking of purchasing from tonys trains http://www.tonystrains.com/products/mrc_components.htm a mrc advance system for $210.00 anyone have any dealing with them? are they a reputable firm? thanks jerry
  10. lokithorjls

laying track

I have run HO before but badly. so I concider myself a real newbie. I am building a new layout in N scale and need advise on how to lay track. from what I have been told taking time to lay the track in N scale is very important to successful running. I am told to take a lot of care. but just...
  11. lokithorjls

help with turnouts

thanks trussrod for your answer. im sorry it takes me so long to get back to read it. i am confused a bit. well more than a bit. you lost me after number1. are you asking me to take the engine apart? i have no idea what some of these terms are like comutator, etc...
  12. lokithorjls

help with turnouts

wow! thanks for all this great advise. it has helped me emmensly. the turn outs are working much better. even tho my turnouts are 9 inches long on the straight piece. so i asume i am using a #4, i don't have the package so i can only go by that. I will have to save some money for some new ones...
  13. lokithorjls

help with turnouts

Thank you hamltnblue, i am in my wheelchair tonight (I have MS) but as soon as i can get to the train i will look at this more closely. and report back.jerry
  14. lokithorjls

help with turnouts

selector thank you as well for taking the time to answer. most of your post is way over my head. but i am using a atlas turnout. can you tell me brand of a good turnout? as to the rest i think it would be quite a lengthy post for you to dumb it down enough for me to understand. jerry
  15. lokithorjls

help with turnouts

Thank you hamltnblue, it is so good of you to answer my post and try to help. i used to be a computer tech and have searched the net and several books in vain to find a good guide to laying track. I imagine there are a lot of problems that can crop up and bad techniques one could learn to avoid...
  16. lokithorjls

help with turnouts

why are my turn outs derailing. i am a newbie. did i buy to cheap? or install wrong. everyone else seems to get them to work. HO scale 18 inch curve with the higher rail (code80? i think)if any of you good people can help me please do so. i am open to your expertise. and if anyone lives near...

Back