Search results

1. N

Anyone out there do custom graffiti? (from pictures)

It looks great and I don't think the average person would ever know. I wrote grafitti for 15 years growing up in the bronx and thats the only reason I could even see it probably plus I have the same decals. Just an observation but like I said it still looks great.
  2. N

the graf in the first picture is supposed to say "view", take another look
  3. N

Looks like the first picture was done by the graf writer hanging upside down from the engine. I don't know if you intended it to be upside down. Just an observation.
  4. N

Sealant question...

what about hairspray?
  5. N

My Works

could you explain your technique?
  6. N

My Works

can you describe your technique. I am curious as to how you achieve that white patina look. Are you using some sort of white acrylic wash after weathering with an airbrush?
  7. N

Small HO Track plan Switching Layout suggestions needed

Those are some interesting ideas, I guess I have alot to consider. Maybe I should go with an industry rather than a rail yard.
  8. N

Small HO Track plan Switching Layout suggestions needed

I am by nature an o scaler but I am moving at the end of the year so I don't want to start on anything in o. I do however want to build a small ho scale layout. I was thinking along the lines of 2x4 to maybe 2x8 at the largest. I don't want a loop, I was thinking more of a small point to point...
  9. N

Triang Budd Cars?

Im wondering if the ones I have are the older ones, there are 6 cars in all, 5 of them are a metal looking silver while one of them is a darker almost greyish silver. Could the grey one be the newer of the 2 and the others older. They are all named for the CN. It looks as though the grey ones...
  10. N

Triang Budd Cars?

So would it be safe to say these cars were produced before 1964?
  11. N

Triang Budd Cars?

I just picked up a box of Triang Budd passengercars it is a set of 6. They are silver with a black stripe marked CN. It looks to be the entire set, there is an observation, baggage, engine , dummy and passengers. The couplers look nothing like and other ho train ive seen, they are a hook and...
  12. N

Adjusting Coupler Height?

How would A clear car help with couplers problems? Please educate me I am a newbie when it comes to n scale.
  13. N

Backdrop Painting Tips?

Im attempting my first backdrop, I put the sky color down and tried at some mountains but im less than satisfied. What are some techniques that you used for backdrops. Im especially interested in your mountain paintings and trees. Are there guides to use for the outlines of mountains and clouds...
  14. N

If thats the case then why is it only certain cars that uncouple. Most of the rolling stock I don't have a problem with.
  15. N

I am new to N scale. I am really an O gauge guy but decided to try my hand at N. Anyhow, I converted a bunch of my rapido couplers to micro trains coplers. The kind that come pre-assembled attatched to the trucks. Anyway, I recently purchsed a new bachman engine (ns gp-9). The new engine comes...
  16. N

Weather Attempt 5

I actually like this one alot. The repaint over the cn looks very prototypical. good exemply of a little is more than enough.
  17. N

Weather Attempt 5

The engines look great but the rolling stock I would recommend to painting the trucks brown to rid of that plstic truck look. Try fading the lettering some before streaking it. Alot of guys use magic eraser , but simple paint thinner on a rag will work too. Also if a car has been around long...
  18. N

Weathering with salt?

Could someone give me the run down on weathering with salt. I seen a video on you tube. From what I understand this is to give that peeling paint look but the steps werent so clear in the video. The outcome was very nice and I would like to give it a try.
  19. N

Weather Attempt 5

Why the light wash of rubbing alcohol? What does t do?
  20. N

Best way to get that dusty dirt look?

I think an airbrush is the way to go. I have been looking at the ones listed on ebay. Any suggestions as to what airbrush would fill my needs?

Back