Search results

1. R

Columbus, OH

What would be a good store to visit while in Cbus? I did a search and came up with a few different stores. Wont have a bunch of time to hit very many.
  2. R

My kids weathering job!

When ever I'm weathering or painting my five year old daughter always asks if she can help. So I gave her a car and said have at it. We spent a few hours over a couple of days doing this. I just helped with color choices, spill protection, running the dryer ETC and all the advice she asked for...
  3. R

Working with brass (progress pics)

Will put in more pics as I go. This is going to be a crane jib when I'm finished. Only one side done so far. It's been a fun challenge so far. One thing I can't seem to figure out. The solder never seems to be attracted to the flux like it does when soldering a copper pipe. I have to...
  4. R

Brass Supplies

Ok, I have spent the last two hours searching for a company like Plastruct.(except one that deals in Brass) The only ones I can find are in the UK. Where do you guys get your stuff? I want to try my hand in building with brass. I think in some cases it would be easier to shape things out...
  5. R

Lets see your schnabel car

Im sure not if alot of guys have them. Also did you scratch build it buy it?
  6. R

Identification of Loco

Hi all, I know you guys can help me with this: Getting ready to put some paint on it. It came in a Walthers box with BNSF wrote in marker on the side.
  7. R

Depressed Center Flat with load

Just finished this. You can the rest of the Pics http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v228/rub1978/Depressed%20center%20flat/
  8. R

1/87 Diecast Crane

Do any of you have these on your layout? I am looking at getting a few. But being as they are very expenvie I wanted some of your points of view. I see conrad makes some very nice ones. http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=Conrad+Crane&_sacat=See-All-Categories...
  9. R

Dallas Model Works

Just received my first order from them. All I can say is wow. Super fast shipping and packed well. I ordered my stuff on Saturday and I got it today. They even sent along a $5.00 coupon. :cool: Not to mention they were the lowest price! I think I may have found a new place to buy from. :D
  10. R

Alternative to scenic cement

I am thinking I can use white glue mixed with water... What ratio should I use? Any other methods? I plan to wet everything down with wet water first.
  11. R

Airbrush commpressor

am thinking of ordering this http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=92403 I know some of you have bought this. My questions: Since the Airbrush is 30 PSI and the AC is 30 psi....Would I have to wait for this thing to power up all the time? No tank..... Does it store air...
  12. R

Custom Steel load

Let me know what ya think. I used this as a reference. http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=193725 I didn't try to copy it exactly. I made my own :)
  13. R

Under your layout

What have you guys done under your layout. Do you have storage space, shelves, cabinets? Etc.
  14. R

Custom Cat load

Hey guys let me know what ya think. I used my new camera. Still trying to figure it out. Pics are not the best.
  15. R

Need help with supply list

Hi Guys, I found a great layout I want to build. It's in August 2008 Model railroader page 49. The problem is: I really don't have the know how as to all the track I will need. Could some one in here help me out with a "shopping list" for the track? I am not interested in any of the...
  16. R

XtrkCad help needed

Hi all, I am giveing Xtrkcad another goround. This program has been kicking my butt for way to long. How do I import a library into it? IE: Atlas track. It keeps telling me check my scale again. It also shows me a turn out. It wants all the finer details of the turnout...........Do...
  17. R

HO Module plans

HI guys, I am planning to build a 6' intermodal Module(NMRA standards). I have searched hi and lo for some track plans on the WWW, to no avail. The reason I have chosen a Module is: I really just want to get my feet wet. After it's finished, I could potentially take it and run it with...
  18. R

HO scale = what in inches?

What are the dimensions for HO into inches? 1:87 scale foot = ? inch I am sure there is a list out there some where.
  19. R

Need help with TTX lingo

HI all, Why does TTX have so many different variations? IE: TTX, TTPX, TT?? Etc. What is the difference in all the variations? Does anyone know them all?
  20. R

Track

Whats the best place to buy Atlas track online? I am looking for good customer service and comparible prices.

Back