Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning folks

Another nice day but the next several look to be like more winter-but we desperately need the precipitation. The Livingston Depot train swap is coming up Saturday morning and I've put together a pretty good list of things to be looking for. The last one of these I attended was better than 2 decades back so I'm a bit uncertain as to what to expect.

It's funny. Whenever I hear "E44", this is what I think of. I have to remember my audience

I know about them both, although i did not see the German machines in person. The German E44s amazingly were working in Lower Silesia where i grew up, only before the World War. And they ran only few miles away from where i lived. Another anomaly; the Bavarian State Railroad had electric locomotives classified as EP5...and so did an American company, the New Haven.

Good late morning gang!

Bright and sunny outside and 64°, heading to 69° for HUMP DAY!!!! 🐫 🐪🐫🐪🐫🐪

I don't need a reminder Willie, us working stiffs know what day of the week it is. I can't wait to be reminded though!!

I have heard they have no souls, and only survive by drawing on others' souls.
Describes my Ex wife to a T ! The confusing part is that my Ex in laws are two of the nicest folks you would ever want to meet. I still call them Mom & Dad! The only explanation I can offer is that she got switched at the hospital and Satan took the wrong child home.

Flo, Cheesesteak sub with onions and green peppers for lunch please!!!

BBL

Just received some sad news, my 82 year old neighbor of 43 years, passed away yesterday. He was eaten away with cancer for the past 18 months and has gone to a better place. He did all of the work in my hay field all of these years until his son took over about 3 years ago. He will be missed by all of us remaining neighbors. RIP Jimmy.

Good afternoon All!!
Prayers of strength, healing, positive vibes and patience for all in need. Myself included.
Bill, "Bob Rafferty" is a great name for a character on any layout.
It's amazing how many posts there are to go through when you don't keep up. o_O
Flo, could I please get the stir fry vegetables with chicken?
Pork fried rice on the side and a large Dr. Pepper too.
I'll be by the window.
Hoping to see the Thoroughfare Gap Railroad M.O.W. train.

Troy - When it comes to track-laying, I rely less on handwritten or computer generated plans and more on placing track and seeing how it might work out. I would cut one big hole and scenic down in the final version.
A visit to the ENT is definitely in order. 25% is indicative of something severely wrong.
David -

If I recall correctly, Troy models in N scale, not 1:87.
Willie: it's 25db not percent if I understand the graph correctly. Up to a 20db difference from ear to ear is acceptable.

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 1.15.30 PM.png

David: N-scale (1:160) for RR. For game miniatures, it's usually 1:56

Just received some sad news, my 82 year old neighbor of 43 years, passed away yesterday. He was eaten away with cancer for the past 18 months and has gone to a better place. He did all of the work in my hay field all of these years until his son took over about 3 years ago. He will be missed by all of us remaining neighbors. RIP Jimmy.
So sorry to read of this Willie.
Prayers for Jimmy, family and friends.

Describes my Ex wife to a T ! The confusing part is that my Ex in laws are two of the nicest folks you would ever want to meet. I still call them Mom & Dad! The only explanation I can offer is that she got switched at the hospital and Satan took the wrong child home.
I met two, and was actually dating one of them. Dammit nice bodies, but on a hot/crazy scale way up the chart. Nice faces and the one i was dating was straight up "9";

I know about them both, although i did not see the German machines in person. The German E44s amazingly were working in Lower Silesia where i grew up, only before the World War. And they ran only few miles away from where i lived. Another anomaly; the Bavarian State Railroad had electric locomotives classified as EP5...and so did an American company, the New Haven.

This article and another I found claim that the use of this ended in 1984 in W Germany (1991 in E Germany) though I swear I saw some in rail yards in W Germany in 1986 and 1987 when I was living there.

After the DB (W German railway Deutsche Bahn) went to their new classification system this became the DB Class 144 and in E Germany (DR - Deutsche Reichsbahn) it became the class 244.

This article and another I found claim that the use of this ended in 1984 in W Germany (1991 in E Germany) though I swear I saw some in rail yards in W Germany in 1986 and 1987 when I was living there.

After the DB (W German railway Deutsche Bahn) went to their new classification system this became the DB Class 144 and in E Germany (DR - Deutsche Reichsbahn) it became the class 244.
They were probably stored serviceable and a few pulled from the storage to do some shunting in the yards when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back