Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Started out the day with animal chores then headed outside to trim the hedge, water MOH's plants, clean the pool filter and get 4 jugs of chlorine for next week. Tomorrow I'll head to Orlando to see my buddies then go to the LHS which is about a 10-minute drive from my buddy's house. It's currently 85F and today thru Saturday is supposed to be in the 90's with increased humidity. :(

Bill- Great family history item.

Troy- Have a safe and fun trip. Like you I help but don't get on the floor anymore.

Willie- Nice layout scenes.

Todd- Interesting photo of you. For some reason I never pictured you with a beard.

Guy- I'm glad you are doing well. The boxcar looks brand new.

Hughie- MOH convinced me to stop cutting grass, so now I have a guy that does it.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Afternoon all,

62° and sunny. Been busy today, after my BP issue last month, Dr is happy with my readings. Asked about the knot I have on my left bicep. Turns out I tore my upper bicep head, they're scheduling an orthopedic appointment to see whether I damaged more or even need to do anything. Knee may need to be put off.

Getting my hired help after school today. Wife thinks I need to scale back while still getting stuff done.

Hughie- MOH convinced me to stop cutting grass, so now I have a guy that does it.
The Conductress has tried to talk me into getting someone to do the yard, but frankly do the yard is probably the most exercise I get. I have a process I use, especially in July, August, that gives me time to recoup a little between yards. Throw in that I'm using a riding mower and it's not all that bad and I'm constantly drinking water. Maybe some day, but not yet.

For all you music lovers! 🤣

1713563008326.png

Well, grandkids richer, grandpa poorer. And got tomatoes, peppers, bush cucumbers planted. Son came by with parsnip seeds he was gonna plant, but I got them instead. He got them from the library. Don't know if they'll sprout as the seed package said packed for '22. We'll see.

Got the yards mowed, new siding painted to match the current color, son's car fixed, more mulch worked into the front bed. Did a bunch for just having a couple hours.

Guy: Get better. You will fell better once you heal. I had that surgery done on both sides.

I becoming a vegan, except for beef, pork, chicken, rabbit, elk, antelope, deer, and fish.

Son came by with parsnip seeds he was gonna plant, but I got them instead. He got them from the library. Don't know if they'll sprout as the seed package said packed for '22. We'll see.
Parsnip seeds are generally good for 3 years if stored in a cool, dry place. Germination rate decreases after the first year, so plant thickly. My experience only.
I becoming a vegan, except for beef, pork, chicken, rabbit, elk, antelope, deer, and fish.
All of those animals with the exception of pigs and fish are vegans, so technically you are still a vegan.

Good morning all. A cold day with the sun shining. Flo. I'll have two rounds of toast with tea please.
A busy day today with Son, grandson and granddaughter visiting. Hazel, Dawn's college friend is visiting also.

Yesterday I was in the train room working on part of the backscene; a part I have never been happy with. Shall post a picture later.

Well, howdy there internet peeps, and those without flatulence....

It's Troy again.

Yawning up a storm last night so I went to bed at 9p. Slept through til 1:30, then couldn't get back to sleep due to the loud tinnitus. Tried putting the earbuds in and sleeping in the recliner. I might have dozed for a bit, but not long.

Getting ready to head to Indianapolis to help the daughter with her floors. Dad is enforcing the "I'm not kneeling" rule today. I've already applied arthritis cream (a topical NSAID) and taken an Ibuprofen, and the knees and back are sending warning shots about activity.

Cooler is packed with sodas and water. Overnight bags are packed in case it's a 2 day job.

Heading out in about 10 minutes. Hoping I can get back to my own bed tonight. We'll see.

Good morning. It's sunny and 67.
I don't know if anybody remembers the issues I had when I first moved here about packages being misdelivered. Eventually it got sorted out, and things started getting delivered like they should. Well, it looks like the GPS system got updated, and UPS and Amazon both have forgotten where I live. After a slew of stuff not getting to me, and phone calls, i had to file a "never got my item" with Ebay, where UPS delivered the package somewhere else, and says it was delivered. Since UPS says they delivered it, tough tamales, and I have to pay for it, even though I never got it. I've appealed, but I'm not hopeful. I so love peeing money away like that...

Good morning. It's sunny and 67.
I don't know if anybody remembers the issues I had when I first moved here about packages being misdelivered. Eventually it got sorted out, and things started getting delivered like they should. Well, it looks like the GPS system got updated, and UPS and Amazon both have forgotten where I live. After a slew of stuff not getting to me, and phone calls, i had to file a "never got my item" with Ebay, where UPS delivered the package somewhere else, and says it was delivered. Since UPS says they delivered it, tough tamales, and I have to pay for it, even though I never got it. I've appealed, but I'm not hopeful. I so love peeing money away like that...
Was the item tracked at all ?

Well, howdy there internet peeps, and those without flatulence....

It's Troy again.

Yawning up a storm last night so I went to bed at 9p. Slept through til 1:30, then couldn't get back to sleep due to the loud tinnitus. Tried putting the earbuds in and sleeping in the recliner. I might have dozed for a bit, but not long.

Getting ready to head to Indianapolis to help the daughter with her floors. Dad is enforcing the "I'm not kneeling" rule today. I've already applied arthritis cream (a topical NSAID) and taken an Ibuprofen, and the knees and back are sending warning shots about activity.

Cooler is packed with sodas and water. Overnight bags are packed in case it's a 2 day job.

Heading out in about 10 minutes. Hoping I can get back to my own bed tonight. We'll see.
Best to you on the not kneeling rule. I supervised the daughter and her hubby on their first wood floor. I ended up a few times dropping down to “demonstrate”. The daughter is a whiz now at remodeling and in the 14 years they have been married the SIL has become “adequate”. Heck at first even turning a screwdriver without some battery attachment to it was an unknown for him. Most of my power tools I have given to her!

Overcast again in NY. Since November maybe about 10 days we've seen the sun here. Very depressing. I can't believe I'm still playing golf wearing my heated vest. I wish the sun would come out and stay out awhile. All my friends are playing at 1pm today. If the sun doesn't show it's face soon, I won't be there.
Swal

Carmel_Cloudy.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back