Flatcar loads! What have you got?

Old 97

Hogger
Credit to: Capt'n Russ

Who knows when the next wreck will tare up some rail. or a new customer wants his own siding spur?

IMG_4014.JPG

All that I have have been posted before, so please excuse any that you might have seen.
Steel I-beams numbered and ready for the job.
IMG_0187.JPG

Some concrete overpass beams.
IMG_0974.JPG

A new 567 headed for installation.
IMG_0183.001.JPG

Tarped machinery en route.
02-26-20 002.JPG

A load of pipe destined for the oilfield.
02-24-20 007.JPG

Here's one of mine..................
2233.JPG
2234.JPG

And another one.........................
2230.JPG
2235.JPG

The trucks are blocked and chained down securely to the flat cars for shipment to their final destinations. :)👍

Ummm, well, in all reality - it's just an optical delusion.:cool: The delivery trucks can easily and quickly be unscrewed and removed from the flatcars, leaving the blocks and chains behind. Actually, I didn't really want to really chain them down to the flatcars, because of more hassle than it's worth to start with, then more messing around if I wanted to get them back off. ;)

Here's one that's not all that creative..............
2231.JPG
2232.JPG

.............. but for anybody that already has this car, maybe they would find this a WHOLE lot better in the "looks" department. I scratch-built real wooden pallets with real wooden dowel "logs" to replace the gosh awful, icky, shiny, molded plastic ones that come with the car from Lionel. Then put some banding around them to further improve the looks. Also added die-cast metal, sprung trucks if the car didn't already come with them (doubtful if it did, but don't remember at this point).

Ok obviously not my modelling but super cool pic.
BNSF made history last week by moving the largest wind blade ever transported by rail in North America: A whopping 80.5M long!
This is a dedicated wind blade train, moving Vestas blades from Colorado to Texas.
Photo by BNSF team member Bryan Echols, who helped ensure this dimensional product got to its destination safely.

IMG_0672.jpeg

Notice how close the building is to the track!

I'll see your Turbine blade and raise you a donkey on a flat car.
Those turbine blades are so big when you're close up. We have seen them on semi's on I-80.
The flat car was my favorite rolling stock build.

Attachments

• 2022-11-02 Wind Turbine Blades Green River UP Yard.jpg
    2022-11-02 Wind Turbine Blades Green River UP Yard.jpg
    639.6 KB · Views: 26
  • NWP 3906 Flat w-Donkey.jpg
    NWP 3906 Flat w-Donkey.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 30

Back