Fuel Hub

regme

Hi
I bought these two kits Kibri MIRO Storage Tank Kit (39832) ages ago. As it turns out I'm about 10 times smaller than what I thought I needed. The prototypical tanks is about 3000m3 vs the kit 340m3.

So I'm unsure about whether to cut my losses or just go it. I have thought about combining the the tanks, but they look tall and skinny.

I'm just chasing an option.

Cheers

The two kits side by side
IMG_9574.JPG

I'd separate these and put the smaller one somewhere else
IMG_9576.JPG

Just combine both kits into one fuel hub
IMG_9578.JPG

I like the second one, third seems a tad high to me.
Im sure there are all sizes out there tho?

....or....

You put the unloading tracks on the edge of the layout and the pipes off the edge of the layout and the storage tanks are "in the aisle" and only the loading racks are on the layout.

Thanks

Dave1905 - I'm entirely sure what you mean. So I need to extend the layout out for the pipework?
No, he means model the loading area and make it look like the rest is there but not. Like a road that leads to the edge and you imagine it continues.

he means model the loading area and make it look like the rest is there but not.
Exactly. It's a very useful technique for modeling. If you are modeling something big, model part of it next to the tracks and then suggest the rest of the larger thing is behind the viewer.

We do the same thing in the opposite direction with "backdrop" buildings. We put a 1/2" thick building against the backdrop. The building isn't 1/2" deep, it suggests a much larger building receding into the backdrop away from the viewer.

Thanks, I get the backdrop approach, not a 100% on the "behind the viewer" may need to find an example of that.

Back