Recent content by Taggart

1. T

Need BLI loco

Okay, so I'm back square one (my first post) ..... looking for BLI Heavy Mike 2-8-2 in the black/silver/green/boxcar red color scheme (road name irrelevant). Anyone having one to sell, or knowing where I could find one, please advise. Thanks.
  2. T

Need BLI loco

I want the black, silver, green, boxcar red color scheme, and I don't see any unlettereds with that. I also don't see any GNs.
  3. T

Need BLI loco

I need one (1) Broadway Limited Imports USRA Heavy Mikado 2-8-2, Great Northern -- either #3207 (BLI-2883), or #3204 (BLI-2882). Cannot find either one anywhere. If you have one you'd sell me, or know where I might find one, please let me know. Thanks for any assistance.
  4. T

Looking for water tank car

I need one (1) Walthers Platinum Line Type 21 10,000 MOW Water Tank Car (932-42203). Cannot find it anywhere. If you have one you'd sell me, or know where I might find one, please let me know. A second choice would be the same car, but Walthers No. 932-42200. Thanks for any assistance.
  5. T

Need help with wiring problem

PROBLEM SOLVED!!! To quote Phil Mickelson after he blew the '06 US Open at Winged Foot, "I am such an idiot!". Yep, I pulled a Lefty. Take a look at either of those two schematics of my layout I posted and you'll see a little symbol at the end of each spur. That's a bumper. And I actually...
  6. T

BTW, I live in the country, between Driftwood and Wimberley, TX. Just on the off-chance one of you knowledgeable folks lives in the area :-).
  7. T

To Mike: Okay, I'll try that test. To fcwilt: Yes, one of the first things I did was to verify that the wiring was consistent on the main line and turnouts. But I'm going to run the test Mike suggested. Now, on your suggestion, I'm using PECO insulfrog turnouts. I don't see any gaps in the...
  8. T

I have confirmed that all turnouts involved are of the insulfrog variety, and the underside wiring is correct. All the turnouts are new.
  9. T

Okay, here's a schematic of the full layout. There are other sidings (turnouts off the main loops), but I've disconnected all of them except the one shown. If I don't add power to the turnouts, I can run several locos simultaneously on the loops with no problem. Only when I add power to the...
  10. T

Nope, no luck. Just tried disconnecting all the other turnouts on the layout, but result is the same. But....to answer your earlier question, the layout works just fine as long as I don't power the turnouts. That is, locos run the main loop (and a couple of concentric loops) just fine. Then...
  11. T

Nope, no luck. Just tried disconnecting all the other turnouts on the layout, but result is the same.
  12. T

Right. I made a testbed on a 4x6 plywood board. Simple loop, with one turnout, and a turnout off that turnout. Wired the main loop with power in one location. Ran feeders to the ends of both turnouts. worked perfectly -- I could run a loco around the loop, non-stop, while running switchers on...
  13. T

Mike ... oops, the PECO requirement for insulated joiners (gaps) was only in the situation where overscale wheels might be creating shorts between adjacent frog rails ... my situation does not involve that at all ... so they say no gapping is required ... --Gary
  14. T

Mike ... I have power to the main loop in two places, on either side of the problem turnout ... and it does short out if I throw the switch to permit use of the turnout ... but I did another experiment ... I used a continuity meter to test for continuity between the rails on either side of the...
  15. T

Mike . . . I have now: (1) verified for certain that all my turnouts are insulfrog; and (2) verified that my feeders are properly oriented in relation to main power feeds. Refer to my earlier diagram, where the two loose ends do in fact complete a loop. I still get a short every time I power up...

Back