Recent content by stevelton

1. S

yard track naming

Can I get some examples of what you guys name your yard tracks? Our club would like to start naming all of our yards tracks, and having a name that was easy to remember but descriptive like "East Freight 1" or "Service Rack 3" etc. I just think a name is easier to remember than track 1-40. By...
  2. S

L.i.a.r.

Just having a little fun. The one trooper had to fight that guy to the ground, while the other trooper was racing to back him up, he got hit by a train. lol
  3. S

L.i.a.r.

We were on the bench about building anything modular. Finally I just went out and bought a bunch of lumber and track and built 2 4' straights, and 2 180 degree curves. The other guys followed, and we now have about as much layout as 3 guys can handle. Hoping the time comes soon when there are...
  4. S

L.i.a.r.

Yes, I know it spells Liar, but its actually rail spelled backwards. It stands for Lower Illinois Association of Railroaders. So far just myself and 2 other friends. But we do already have a 14x28 ft HO modular layout. We do 1 show a year, the Parkersburg chowder. We would probably do more, but...
  5. S

dcc reversing section question

It does help. Thanks, that was what I was afraid of. Guess it was good in find that out now so I can adjust the track plan a little to accomadate that. Thanks for the help Steven
  6. S

dcc reversing section question

Im kind of planning for an HO layout that I will be building after I get the garage built sometime next year. Ive got quite a bit of expirence with digitrax, but one thing Im not certain of. If I have a reversing section, be it a wye or balloon, and I want to use distributed power on long...
  7. S

Just can't help myself

Oh yeah, thats nice! Did you install the sound decoder?
  8. S

New to the board from So IL

In the golden age when you could buy Rail Power product shells, and detail and paint things that the big manufacturers didnt want to mess with, I was building 3-4 HO scale engines a week. The works, lights lots of detail, paint and decals. But when Athearn and some of the others started...
  9. S

New to the board from So IL

Finally getting back into custom building locos for people, and needed a forum to discuss tips and ideas, as Im a bit rusty. Anyways have been a model railroader for 20 years, and am building a 40"x72" HO scale layout and video taping it to put a video layout start-to-finish "how-to" serise on...
  10. S

Digitrax Super Empire Builder. Good unit?

I have the SEB, and love it. The guys in our group would rather have the super cheif, just to have the ability to read decoder, but at the time it cost more than I had... I will end up buying a super cheif, and using it as the command station, and the SEB as a booster. Right now Im saving to...

Back