Recent content by Perry

1. P

New layout help

Hi all, I am track planning my first layout. I bought the M-1 basic Kato oval and the V-10 expansion. Then I was giving a bunch of Atlas track with some turnouts. My thought was to have two separate blocks and two trains running at the same time. I would like to have two spurs using the...
  2. P

Old tomix track

Hi All, My friends father heard I was interested in N scale and told me I could have his N scale stuff. So I went over there and he gave me a complete layout! It's a two level double oval about 30" wide and 4 and a half feet long with a tunnel and a ton of buildings. It was covered in dust...
  3. P

Up and running!

Model Train Stuff came through very fast. My loco and rolling stock are running around the track as I write this. Set up was a breeze. It's the M1 unitrack oval. I have ordered the V-10 expansion to give me a double loop then I'll add a turnout. I'm looking at Woodland Scenics systems. I...
  4. P

Kato Mixed Freight Starter Set...does this look odd?

I placed my order yesterday with Model Train Stuff. I got the 4-6-0 Dcc steamer from Bachman and the M1 Kato unitrack oval. I plan to add to it before the final layout. I also ordered a few flatbeds and some WW2 cast armor to paint and weather from Hobby link, a couple freight cars and a...
  5. P

Kato Mixed Freight Starter Set...does this look odd?

I almost bought this. Glad I didn't. Perry
  6. P

Decisions made and new questions

Thanks for the good info all. I build acoustic guitars. There are places where I use something similar to Elmer's white glue, like gluing the neck to body. The reason for this is so you can remove it for repair if necessary in the future. Heat from a heat gun or hair drier will soften this...
  7. P

Coupler Questions

Thanks Doug!
  8. P

Coupler Questions

That's what I needed to know. Thanks!
  9. P

Coupler Questions

Hi All, So the engine I'm looking at has EZ-Mate Mark II couplers and some of the cars I'm looking at have Bachmann knuckle couplers. Will I be needing to change these couplers or are they compatible? Perry
  10. P

Kato M1 radius and Baldwin 4-6-0 steam engine

Hi All, I'm thinking of running a Bachmann N 51461 Baldwin 4-6-0 steam engine with flatbed cars on a Kato M1 track. The M1 track has 12 3/8 radius. Will the engine or flatbeds have trouble with this radius? There doesn't seem to be any cold hard info on this. Thanks in advance. Perry
  11. P

Looking for WW2 era locomotive

The Kato M1 track I'm looking at has a 12 3/8 radius. Of the locomotives we've talked about here what will make that radius?
  12. P

I just noticed they are out of stock.
  13. P

Thank you everybody. This is driving me crazy. It would be so easy to just get that Kato set I was looking at but then I can't model ww2 and that's my interest.
  14. P

I like that Kato 2-8-2. I was hoping to do all Kato. From what I've read that's the good stuff.
  15. P

How about this: Kato #176-2125 EMD F7A Santa Fe "Yellow Bonnet". I could repaint olive drab and make it look military with decals?

Back