mowman24's latest activity

• M
    mowman24 replied to the thread How much ballast.
    another question. I hear about using Ritz's dye to color stuff, but how much dye to say a quart or even a gallon of water??
  • M
    mowman24 replied to the thread How much ballast.
    not an answer to my question. I asked nothing about paint, just ballast i
  • M
    mowman24 posted the thread How much ballast in O Scale.
    If I am using 3 rail 027 track and have nearly 100 feet of track, how much ballast will I need? In cubic feet or quarts or gallons not lbs
  • M
    mowman24 replied to the thread plywood vs OSB.
    Because??? Why over OSB?
  • M
    OK, thanks all. really cleared it up for me
  • M
    Are you referring to MDF or OSB? I wouldn't use MDF after reading up on it, not to mention at my local Menards it costs more than OSB...
  • M
    mowman24 posted the thread plywood vs OSB in O Scale.
    I have been figuring to use OSB for my layout, but just read that it is much harder to drive screws into. Although the guy did say MDF...
  • M
    mowman24 replied to the thread balast options.
    How did you get that color? Size looks like it could work, especially since I am not a purist Just checked it out and Menards has it...
  • M
    You are probably right, think I will stick to chick grit or walnut shells. I am a miserly skinflint, so always looking for a way to...
  • M
    Sounds like a good idea for HO, but I have O
  • M
    Just spit balling, and wondering if it would work to use the premixed concrete mix with the biggest stuff screened out as ballast...
  • M
    mowman24 replied to the thread S vsO gauge rolling stock.
    Oh, wow, I thought, because some used stuff I have looked at, (not engines) has been listed as s/O gauge. I guess they were as dumb as...
  • M
    Are they interchangeable? As in will they both roll on o27 track? It is American flyer, and most of my stuff is Lionel. Will the...
  • M
    mowman24 replied to the thread AC OR DC to run my trains.
    not quite like any of those. But some resemblance to the the W, and it is 75 watt. But more horizontal than vertical
  • M
    mowman24 replied to the thread AC OR DC to run my trains.
    So anybody know anything about the really old one? since my volt meter set on dc won't read anything but kinda jumps around I am...

Back