Recent content by midrange

1. M

DH123 Decoder in Athearn RTR

I bought a Athearn RTR SD40-2 and installed a DH123 Decoder in it. I put it on the tracks, and was not impressed with the performance. (i'm new to DCC) It takes almost half my throttle to get it moving (Zephyr Xtra), and the motor hums loud from Stop - to between 2-3. Once i get to almost...
  2. M

For Canadian railway fans, last weeks's Rick Mercer Report

I saw this when is was aired back in November.. Great clip for sure!
  3. M

Can someone help me Identify this Loco.

Its an Atlas Product. I agree, ficticious. I also couldn't find anything. This was a powered car converted into a dummy. Also the horn is not the correct horn.
  4. M

Please Delete thread. I found it is a SD35. Can someone tell me though if a 1001 was actually used in service. Thanks.
  5. M

I have this Santa Fe Loco.. The number is 1001 however, I don't think there ever was a 1001 Santa Fe, so maybe its a made up one. What I would like to know though if its a SD40. I have been trying to indentify it by looking at pictures but I cannot find a SD 40 that matches this one so it...
  6. M

Been a bit since I was on.

Thats def Canadian. but yeah, i guess that out ranks the american dollar now. lol
  7. M

Been a bit since I was on.

Hey everyone. Its been a few months since i was on, just thought i'd catch up. Today I went to the Great British Train Show in Brampton Ontario today. I was expecting a little bit more when it came to displays but the show was great. I have many pics and vids. I was also able to add...
  8. M

Anyone else collect British/Hornby?

Exchanged the damaged #997 today. The new one we have is #998. We also now have picked up our 92220 Evening Star.
  9. M

Daily Diff Train Picture

3.18 using two hints the first time.. second time was 27 seconds.. lol
  10. M

Belleville Model Railroad Club

Hey Willis, I'll point out this forum at the next meeting. I'm not sure if many of them know how to work a computer though. I mean i'm sure they do, but maybe not a forum.. The majority are seniors, i'm the only one around my age group.
  11. M

Dcc wiring for the Atlas Midland Central

That looks so much better. Its much easier to think of how it will look now with all that clutter track gone!
  12. M

Currently we are in a tough position due to the fact our club is right at the via station, and they are building a new 7 million dollar via station and we are 99% sure our building will be taken down, and we are looking for a new home. Wish us luck.
  13. M

I have been a member of this club for a month now. Great bunch of guys to work with. Very knowledgeable. I know theres not many local Canadians on here, but i thought i'd share this anyways. NEW MEMBERS WELCOME We meet every tuesday from 7-9:30. www.bellevillemodelrailroad.org...
  14. M

Quick lesson. When you see a picture on the internet that you want to post, right click on the mouse and "copy image location" Then paste that in between the tags with no spaces. ^^^^ thats with spaces. Take the spaces out and you get As UP2CSX said, you don't really need to block...
  15. M

The more you read into DCC, the more intriguing it will seem. Atlas especially as it seems to make everything seem more difficult with their diagrams. A really helpful site that a member pointed out to me on here was http://www.dccconcepts.com Check that out, hopefully it will seem less...

Back