kgstakes's latest activity

• kgstakes
    kgstakes reacted to AemJaYstrains's post in the thread Steam or Diesel Locomotives? with Like Like.
    iam a big fan of the Big Boy, i have one in Z,N,H0 and 0 scale. soon also in 1 scale. but my layout iam building in H0 scale is all...
  • kgstakes
    Good morning all!! Been on the road going to Kansas almost last trip then in Kansas for good. Moving is not fun. We’ve had delays...
  • kgstakes
    kgstakes reacted to bob's post in the thread Trains.com with Like Like.
    Sounds like I should send them a thank you letter for making this place look so much better! :)
  • kgstakes
    kgstakes replied to the thread Atlas #56 turnout switch.
    And I'll add to bnxf971 post. Also do not hold the button down for very long or you will burn out your switch motor. If you think your...
  • kgstakes
    kgstakes replied to the thread Atlas #56 turnout switch.
    If memory serves me right (sorry been years) you have three wires going to each switch. and then on the side you have your positive and...
    • IMG_2079.jpeg
  • kgstakes
    kgstakes replied to the thread 2-4-4-2 Steam Loco.
    After our move and I get things settled down a bit I’ll dig it out and take some real close up shots of it. It has a scoop of the...
  • kgstakes
    kgstakes reacted to KriegslokBR52's post in the thread 2-4-4-2 Steam Loco with Like Like.
    New York Central H10, i saw a brass one painted and so tempting. But $300 is a little over my budget. They are quite rare though, since...
  • kgstakes
    kgstakes replied to the thread Trains.com.
    The problem I see with trainz (never seen it be honest) is that the people that are using it. Think they are model railroaders but...
  • kgstakes
    NYC yes!!! Engine like that use to go through his home town and when he say a brass engine he bought it. I remember mother was none...
  • kgstakes
    kgstakes reacted to Mopac Junkie's post in the thread Two months(ish) progress with Like Like.
    Back into this after a 30 ish year hiatus. This is my progress working this in my spare time. I am at the point where i have an...
  • kgstakes
    kgstakes reacted to TRAINNUT's post in the thread Show off your favorite Locomotive with Like Like.
    My personal favorite is this IT SW7, I bought it and after had realized somebody custom painted it. it gave me a lot of inspiration and...
  • kgstakes
    Don't want to bore you all too much, one last set of pictures. This is a HO scale log house I built that I always wanted to build full...
    • 1712530516731.jpeg
    • 1712530543639.jpeg
    • 1712530568976.jpeg
    • 1712530588648.jpeg
    • 1712530609478.jpeg
    • 1712530630112.jpeg
  • kgstakes
    I built this stagecoach for a guy in Reno Nevada for his outdoor layout. The coach is 1/8th scale. LOL was a bit younger back then too.
    • 1712530213159.jpeg
    • 1712530237574.jpeg
    • 1712530192905.jpeg
    • 1712530161142.jpeg
  • kgstakes
    Thought about painting it but I like it in brass. Oh does anyone know how to get it back to more or less "bright brass". It's pretty...
  • kgstakes
    LOL Sometimes the details are in the BRASS!! They don't make them like that anymore.

Back