Recent content by JimKrol

1. JimKrol

post your model RR tips........

I work on computers mostly, but this should translate to trains. I use the 7 day pill containers for screws. The first screws you take off are put in Sunday, the next type goes into Tuesday etc. When you are ready to re-assemble you start at the last day and work your way to Sunday. No lost...
  2. JimKrol

Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

I have two favorite concerts. Stones in Cincinnati, with back stage passes, and Stevie Ray Vaughn, at willie Nelsons Oppre house in Austin. They were recording the Live Alive album
  3. JimKrol

Is this a Joke?????????
  4. JimKrol

I have never been in a BIG earthquake, but the ones I went through were like that, before you realize what it is, its over. When I moved to Houston from California, everybody i talked to said, How can you live in CA with all those earthquakes? The next week Hurricane Alan was coming in. The...
  5. JimKrol

If you want to re-install windows do a Clean install. Get Partition Magic, its just a download, and remove all partitions and then re-install windows. Get all the data you want to keep from the SSD. It's good practice to keep all personal data on another drive. Only put executables on the system...
  6. JimKrol

Thats the primary reason, that Windows became the predominant PC. My employer at the time, made the processor chips for Macs. We had Mac PCs. They were by far the best PCs. But, they were totally proprietary, and cost a lot. Microsoft, had cheap PCs, and any amateur could order some parts and...
  7. JimKrol

You might try removing the drives, get an adapter for about $15 and plug them into a USB port. You might be able to read them and copy the data somewhere else. I did that for my wifes Laptop, and mine also. I have since sworn off Laptops, I just built a Desktop, and have access to all of the old...
  8. JimKrol

Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

I get the same thing, I use New Posts, to get here, it takes like 30 sec to activate. When I go to a new page i.e. Page 69 to 70 it does not seem to return at all. Its like a 1200b dial up modem. MRR needs to fix there site.
  9. JimKrol

Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Whenever I hear the name Camilla, I think of the Muppets, Gonzo was in love with a chicken named Camilla.
  10. JimKrol

Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

You have a "Giggle of Girls".
  11. JimKrol

Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

The most interesting airport I ever saw was Bullhead City a while back, You bought your tickets from a 7-11 and walked out to the planes, Small prop commuter planes. It was hilarious.
  12. JimKrol

Running Bear's January 2024 Coffee Shop

I have a little Spiral notebook that I use for passwords. One page per site, Name of site, user name, and password. I keep it in my desk drawer, and it never leaves the house. Great for those times when Senility Strikes.
  13. JimKrol

The Callous Dough Boys, play NFL football!
  14. JimKrol

Sad to see GB lose, I am a 49er's fan, but have great respect for any team that can slaughter the Callous Doughboys in there own stadium.
  15. JimKrol

ADS?????

All of a sudden I started to get ads in the MR forums. Is this something new, and is there a way to stop it??

Back