Recent content by jerryl

1. J

Hal Carstens passes away

Go to Carstens web site & read his Bio. .....AMAZING!!
  2. J

Is Ambroid "FAS'N ALL" any good for plastic?

Read the label & instructions, It will tell you more than we can. i've never used it or even heard of it. Like the others have said, the liquid works best on most plastics, & is also MUCH neater. Tenax is my choice.
  3. J

Made in America?

Plus give 10% to charity....Jerry
  4. J

Made in America?

Great idea... Most of my wardrobe comes from the Red White & Blue store. The money stays here & it also supports the Vietnam Vets. A GREAT combination, So far I haven't found any trains there. Jerry
  5. J

Made in America?

Very true... I get a kick out of the people that want to raise the taxes on the rich, they don't realize they are raising them on themselves.
  6. J

Made in America?

I don't think Atlas makes anything in the USA now. The Kadee HO hopper cars are worth the $42. Nothing made anywhere compares. You pay for what you get. It would probably take a day to upgrade an Atlas, Bowser etc. to get even close to the Kadee detail. I bought 2 of them in a close-out...
  7. J

Made in America?

I know that at least some of the Kadee rolling stock is made in America. Thier hopper cars are "manufactured & assembled in the USA". That is probably why they cost $42 along with the fact that they are the most accurate & detailed ones. Wish i could afford a whole fleet of them. Jerry
  8. J

Lettering removal

Looks like the lettering & the paint are the same. Whatever removes the lettering also removes the paint. This REALLY stinks because you can't change the numbers on $42 Kadee hopper cars. For that price you would think they would supply different #s like the lower priced mfg. do, or at least...
  9. J

Lettering removal

Still trying to remove the lettering from a Kadee hopper car. Solvaset doesn't touch it & Pine oil removes both lettering & paint. Haven't tried Denatured Alcohol or Ammonia yet, I'll get to that tomorrow. Any other suggestions??? Jerry:confused:
  10. J

Model Railroaders Dream, Plan, Build DVD Series

That's true, but they are probably 5 min long. The "New Products" video altho entertaining, gives little information on the product being "tested" Jerry
  11. J

Railroad Model Craftsman - April Issue??

My issue came today...looks as if all is well. Looks like a good issue also. Jerry
  12. J

Emailed Carstens today & got a reply from Hal....They are on thier way. Jerry
  13. J

Visited my local train shop about 3 weeks ago & they told me that they received the bill, but no magazines. I emailed them a week ago & haven't heard anything yet. I'm also on the mailing list. Really hope things are well with them.......but it shouldn't be to hard to shoot an email to...
  14. J

Lettering removal on Kadee Hopper Car

Want to remove the lettering on a Kadee car. Has anyone done this? Thier website had 1 roadname at 1/2 price, bought 2 & want to reletter them for CNJ. I usually start with Solovaset & work toward more powerful solvents. Would welcome any suggestions. Thanks, jerry
  15. J

Would like to warn everyone

As far as Ebay is concerned the old adage "Buyer Beware" should always be on your mind. I bought a kit that contained only 1/2 of the parts & no instruction sheet. Other purchases were fine. You can often buy the same product locally for nearly the same price when you factor the shipping in...

Back