Recent content by James S

1. J

scale conundrem

The older one definitely looks like a 40' er.
  2. J

HELL HAS FROZEN OVER!! Athearn Rereleasing N Challenger & Big Boy

Well at $500 I don't think I'll be buying one, but it sure would be nice, and a convenient christmas present. Even though I model current day. I will wait and see what Model Train Stuff sell them for...
  3. J

Photo Fun for the week 21 - 28 May 2010

Makes sense as I know what spam is, but it didn't make sense when I read your post Crandell, as mine was the last one, then yours, but knowing there was something there for a short while, it now makes sense! :) Thanks James
  4. J

Is that an American term???
  5. J

I guess it extends from the fact that for a long time US/British models was all that was available widely until fairly recently. In the 70's the only manufacturer of any size was Powerline, and their models were fairly crude. You can still count the Aussie manufacturers just about one hand...
  6. J

Jim: Most our hobby shops stock mainly US and British models, because thats what most of us Aussies model, although the market for Aussie models is getting larger. A good mate of mine manufacturs the largest range of Queensland kits in Australia. Most Australian modellers buy from limited runs...
  7. J

Picked up a few goodies at the LHS tonight. I missed out on the Fox Valley Models ES44AC original release and saw one at the store and couldn't resist. The colour is a bit darker than Katos orange, but its fixable with a light weather. I found a couple of Roundhouse well cars and bought...
  8. J

What's up with Model Train Stuff dot com?

I just received a $500 order from them yesterday inside four days and I'm in Australia. :D I will definitely use them again.
  9. J

Weekly Photo Fun 13 - 19 May

While I was at work today my parcel from Modeltrainstuff.com (MB Klein) arrived. I ordered it Monday afternoon Aussie time, and received today (friday aussie time.) very nice. Anyway this is what my package contained. Must say i'm very impressed with the ExactRail covered hoppers. Kato...
  10. J

Weekly Photo Fun 30 Apr-04 May '10

Got around to getting some containers for my Walthers well cars... They are deluxe containers. a 5 pack of K Line 40', 2 pack of Safmarine 20' and 2 pack of Mitsui OSK fridge 40'. Not all of them are shown. ;)
  11. J

Weekly Photo Fun 4-9/4-15

Got These beauties off eBay last week. I got two of the SP ones, all four cost me $70. In LHS in Brisbane they are $51.95.ea :eek: Whilst at said shop, I bought A couple of new Athearn Gondolas for $20ea. And a 3 pack of Walthers Well Cars.
  12. J

Weekly Photo Fun 12/25-12/31

Hey folks been a while, thought I'd post an update on the layout - finally got some time to work on it, amongst dirt bike riding, cricket and work. :) This is the layout plan : From this book :
  13. J

baby survives after being run over by train

The lady let go of the stroller for a split second, so she could hitch up her pants. You wouldn't think a train station platform would be sloped that much to cause the stroller to roll that quickly away. It all happened in a matter of seconds. I think it's just lucky it rolled the way it...
  14. J

Engine Roster Thread

Haven't updated for a while... Just a couple of updates, new ones bolded. My Roster in N scale. Atlas GP35 BNSF 'patch' #2527 D8-40B BNSF 'patch' #8615 D8-40B NS #4805 Athearn N SD75M BNSF H2 # 8236 Intermountain SD40T-2 UP #2911 SD40T-2 SP #8363 Life Like Proto N...
  15. J

Weekly Photo Fun 8-21/8-27

I read somewhere they were only 90t...oh well... story changes slightly, then. :D the mine is too small to warrant a train of newer hoppers so older Thrall hoppers are used. ;)

Back