Recent content by gvtfan

1. G

Lionel SOO SD60

Does anyone have and words on the realism and detailing on Lionel's new SOO SD60, or any other road name/number Lionel SD60? Also, can anyone provide pictures for me if they have one? I'm thinking of getting one. Thanks Charlie gvtfan
  2. G

Signal Wiring Question

Here I go... I have two loops of Atlas O track on my layout, and I want to add some position light signals. I want to add a signal bridge to start, and I want to do so prototypically with the lights showing the correct position. Come to think of it, I'll be installing two sets of signals as I...
  3. G

Gp40

I want to custom-paint a GP40, based on the BPRR 3101 and 3103 prototypes. Both GP40s started out as PC, working up through Conrail, Rochester and Southern, until they got where they are now. What I need are 2 DCC Equipped R&S, PC, or Conrail GP40s that I could strip and repaint. Charlie
  4. G

Dumb 3 rail question

Ignorant question number 10,333,890 from gvtfan on O scale: What is reversing loop? Is it a side track in a circle of track that changes the train's direction?
  5. G

Firehouse

Does anyone know if there is a O Scale firehouse (kit or plastic, doesn't matter) available? Charlie
  6. G

TMCC from Conventional MTH SOO SD60M

Thanks-I'll just forget it then, as I really want top notch detail. However I take it that if I wanted to do it I could, right?
  7. G

TMCC from Conventional MTH SOO SD60M

http://www.mth-railking.com/detail.asp?item=20-2044-0 I love how these SOO units look, but Lionel doesn't make one, and I use TMCC on my layout. My question is this: is it possible to install TMCC into this unit, and possibly sound? I don't care about sound too much though...just TMCC. Also...
  8. G

Roads

Although I haven't tried on my O-Scale yet, I think asphalt shingles would be ideal, just paint them the color you want! Also, I've heard that painting Masonite flat black and cutting it into the shape of the road works, but that might be overkill for N scale.
  9. G

Module Wiring question and duckunder question

I am planning an around-the bedroom DCC shelf module layout, and I am wondering how track is connected between modules without making too much noise in the gap, and how I can keep a continuous circuit going between the cracks. As for the duckunder, I want to build my layout around the wall...
  10. G

Lione Accessories w/ TMCC

I use TMCC on my double track 8*10 layout, and I want to in the future have a good number of accessories (signals, crossings, lit buildings, Atlas switches, etc.) I have a few questions about it 1-What are the advantages of wiring everything into your TMCC system? 2-What equipment do I...
  11. G

Help with my HO Locomotive "Most Wanted List"

Does anyone know if any of the locomotives I am listing below are currently being made in HO Scale? DCC is preferred Can anyone provide links? ICE/DME SD40-2/SD40-3 CP Pacman SD40-2 Rochester and Southern GP40 Buffalo and Pittsburgh GP40-2 Union Pacific SD50 SOO SD60M NS SD70M-2 NS...
  12. G

O Scale GP9 Detail Parts

I have an old Lionel GP9 missing handrails. Would my best bet be buying the parts from a dealer, or are there handrail detail parts available?
  13. G

HO Scale Module Layout

I have a room in my house that is 12x14 feet in dimensions, and has a small closet that is raised from floor level. I would like to build a modular layout around the room, but I am not sure what method to use. I don't want to use mod-u-rail, as it is so expensive. I am looking for a...
  14. G

Atlas O Trainman GP15-1

3 Rail actually, and I just want see-through grilles and some separately applied parts. I use TMCC, and this would be my switcher, so I want it to do slow speeds.
  15. G

Atlas O Trainman GP15-1

Looking at it as a future purchase, but I'm afraid it won't be detailed enough! Anyone have any words of wisdom, or have this engine?

Back