Recent content by Frankr409

1. F

Tried N, got frustrated, went back to HO, happy again

Like most of the others, I too was into N Scale. A move two years ago forced me to abandon the layout I had, but now I am rebuilding, in HO. I have a ton of N scale locomotives and rolling stock and will be looking into efforts later this year to part company with all of it.
  2. F

Log-In Problem

It did it prior to the upgrade as well. I don’t think there is an “infection”
  3. F

help me find a site where I can configure and buy HO locomotives

. I should have clarified, I am hoping to find a single supplier where I can pick the locomotive I want, the dcc and sound options that I want, and the supplier will install those and ship me a final product. Years ago, when I was modeling n scale, I ran across such a company on the internet...
  4. F

Thanks, I will be looking for high end products.
  5. F

Great info, I will be looking for dcc installed with train sounds. Thanks again, I will check out the links.
  6. F

I am starting a new layout in HO. I am looking for a place where I can buy HO locomotives with DCC and Sound cards of my liking installed. Does anyone know of such a store?
  7. F

proposed layout

What kind of turd? Not those gross dried up white ones that you see around goose ponds... yuck!
  8. F

proposed layout

The rounded version of a back ground. Half rounds and quarter rounds being most common.
  9. F

proposed layout

An exception to every rule no doubt. These are fine looking backdrops. Who are you buying them from if I may ask? I am wanting to find some industrial and urban backgrounds for my layout and money is no object.
  10. F

TrainCat-Anyone else find it hard to get a hold of them?

Yep, already did it. Just waiting for my money to be returned.
  11. F

TrainCat-Anyone else find it hard to get a hold of them?

I ordered some brass stuff from them in early February, and some time went by and no shipping notice, or anything, so I started e-mailing them for an update on my order. They hit my paypal account right away that's for sure. Sent a total of 4 e-mails so far, and no reply :( At this point...
  12. F

Ebay Experiences

Here is another laugher, The box not only looks like it went to war with Iraq, the guy e-mails back a belittling message when you try to make a reasonable offer, and then doesn't even have the guts to let you e-mail him back. Obviously it is cretins like this that not only entertain us, but...
  13. F

Ebay Experiences

I have not experienced too many issues at all. I check several other internet stores before I make the purchase of course, but sometimes, not always, it works out a little better on E-bay. I am always looking for two special road names for modern locomotives and rolling stock for Indiana...
  14. F

More work on BOF (Basic Oxygen Furnace)

I am moving on a little further with my BOF, as well as Gary Works US steel plant and should be posting some pictures pretty soon. I still have some vents to install, and some stencil work I wanted to do, but the BOF is painted, assembled and placed. This is N-scale, but the structure still...

Back