Recent content by EHodges

1. E

The D&J Railroad -- From Scratch

Ken the railroad is really coming together and looking good. I need to make a trip back over and see some trains being ran!!!
  2. E

The New Kato P42 in HO: Some Questions

DCC install If they have the room that the older Athearn RTR engines did you will have plenty of room for a great DCC install. I would love to have a kato engine in Phase IV. That is my modeling scheme and seems to be getting hard to find!
  3. E

New BLI Model

New engine Sweet looking engine but there is something wrong with it, just cant put my finger on it....................................Oh yeah, it's no NORFOLK SOUTHERN!
  4. E

Detailed NS Locos: SD40-2 & SD70M Flared

pictures Man those look pretty good. Love the SD40-2, that is the engine I have always enjoyed watching. I hope my projects come out good on my converted High Hood SD40-2 engine...
  5. E

Layout I have been over to Kens and ran trains on his layout before. He has a well contructed layout and with a few trains running it really gets interesting. I did however "ruin" the layout (as most would say) running NS engines on his BNSF and UP layout. Amtrak mades it appearance with a...
  6. E

Wilson North Carolina

Hobby Barn Hey guys I tured Ken on to that when he was down that way doing some work. I did a google search on afternoon 2 years ago and found it. The store is pretty awesome. It has a ton of HO scale stuff with some N scale and even some G Scale. The layout upstairs is something that you...
  7. E

BLI Bluebird question

correction Hey thanks for the correction there, I didnt even realize I messed that up that bad. I got some time over the snow day to get into it and look a little deeper. I think I can salvage it with some work. It need to be stripped and then start the process of detailing and putting back...
  8. E

BLI Bluebird question

Hey guys I recently purchased a BLI Bluebird SD40-2 NS engine off ebay. After recieving it I have noticed that the body need alot of work. I have asked BLI if they have replacement parts for the shell of this engine and I was told it is an older engine I would need to find a sheel else where...
  9. E

Athearn power problem

Athearn power issues I have had issues such as this in the past. After taking apart the engine I found the "clips" Athearn love to use always has connectivity issues. I removed the wires from those and soldered the wire directly to the metal clips on the motor and trucks directly and the issue...
  10. E

awesome Awesome job. Cant wait to see it all put together...
  11. E

Another WTH Ebay Moment

my thoughts I think IM should do the GEVO units all detailed up and I think MTH (1st Choice) or Athearn Genesis(2nd Choice) to produce the ACe units. Either way I am guessing we will still have a ton of detailing to do to make it perfect!!! We shall see. Eric
  12. E

Another WTH Ebay Moment

Wow WOW that is truely crazy. I just read they will be mass produced by I think Athearn Genesis in the near future starting around $450. I think I can wait for those to come out and enjoy them and even spend less money!!!
  13. E

Display Ken, Can't wait to get back from overseas and met up with you. I think if we can get the layout up and working we can make a sweet layout and possibly an awesome club there. Eric
  14. E

Another WTH Ebay Moment

Omg Let me grab my wallet right now..........
  15. E

Can of worms

trip Y3a, Believe me I know all about Manassas and also Quantico. My son is 7 years old and has been diagnosed with Autism and ADHD. Trains really calm him down so everynight after I get home from work we have to make a trip to the Fredericksburg train house (as he calls it). On the...

Back