Recent content by doct0rnic

1. doct0rnic

Dont buy Athearn Genesis GP9

I know it sounds incredible but yes, this is HO scale and it is true, otherwise I wouldn't have cancelled.
  2. doct0rnic

Dont buy Athearn Genesis GP9

my friend had a large order of athearn gp northern pacific gp 9s and was not happy, the biggest issue was the hood was two scale inches shorter than it should, the paint was off, the window was larger than prototypical and numerous other detail problems. I cancelled my order of BN gps...
  3. doct0rnic

77 petrol tanker runaway train derail and explode

you have the most credible theory of anyone on here. I am glad that a fellow rail can write about facts. Another thing to consider is that the hand brakes on an engine only applies half of a truck hand brakes. meaning an engine has two three axle trucks and the hand brake only applies one...
  4. doct0rnic

bachmann f7

dont blame bachmann, athearn, walthers and atlas are the same way, they use the clips I dont think they trust a XXXXXX boy to solder a wire.
  5. doct0rnic

Sdp45

probably in two years I am still waiting on my BN gp 9
  6. doct0rnic

Anyone here work for the Montana Rail link?

those trees are incredible, that is a great idea I never thought of using sage brush before. I am sure it would also make the layout smell incredible
  7. doct0rnic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NalhUuQWwG8&list=PLD06C3BBB8581F91A&index=10 this guy has a great method of making pine trees for cheap. might help for montana
  8. doct0rnic

Well dont let that stop you, The BNSF still owns the track that the MRL runs on, there is a lease agreement and the BNSF is required to run a certain amount of through freight trains through the MRL former NP. There is only one reason why the MRL exists, it was a plan to break the unions...
  9. doct0rnic

Sdp45

I hope they have BN SDP 45s, that is what I am looking for
  10. doct0rnic

HO PROTO 1000 Diesel EMD GP15-1

GREAT MODEL and I even bought the sound decoder for it, I loved it, it pulled a lot on Dc and works great on DCC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2HMp8HNr4A&feature=c4-overview&list=UUFaMsuIN3z5xXNHaSQM_Z_w here is a video in action, its dc and a proto 2000 unit is pushing.
  11. doct0rnic

Transition Era Freight train. Looking for ideas,starting from scratch.

wow thats cool! I would love to have ridden in the yellowstone, a guy at work told me that the NP offered the city of Mandan a yellowstone engine for display and they turned it down, too bad, it would have drawn a lot of people I think.
  12. doct0rnic

thats great, something to consider, superior seniority district is superior, North town, (Minneapolis), Sioux city and Aberdeen south dakota, Dilworth( fargo) and grand forks are a separate disctrict, Minot and Mandan are separate from both. So if you want to stay near your area only take...
  13. doct0rnic

Transition Era Freight train. Looking for ideas,starting from scratch.

For me, if I was to do the 40s and the 50s it would be the Northern Pacific yellow stone division, the grade through the bad lands was so wicked they built the worlds largest steam engine before the big boy to pull the long freight and coal from Glendive to Mandan, all 11 yellowstones were...
  14. doct0rnic

Its not bad, people used to tell me the same thing that its who you know, which was true but I think they had to move away from that due to EO laws, I know they dont care about age, just if your stong, there is a guy here who hired on when he was 50, retired farmer, now is 70 and I think he...
  15. doct0rnic

77 petrol tanker runaway train derail and explode

Here is where I am getting my thinking though, the air brake line from the engine only charges the reservoir on each car, it has nothing to do with setting brakes except when pressure drops, the valve on the rail car release air from the reservoir applying the brakes, the only way air is let...

Back