Recent content by Brooklyn

1. Brooklyn

Class 37 DCC fitting question

I found what I needed. There was a pdf file in English I had not seen. It will fit, but with some modification of the cab. I think it’s worth it.
  2. Brooklyn

I’m sure Zimo decoders are great, but everything on their website is in German.( which is fine as they’re in Vienna) It just makes it hard to find anything. The idea of installing a plug in sound decoder is very tempting, but is difficult looking at the chassis. I’m pretty certain the end of the...
  3. Brooklyn

Id love to go to yoochooz but I live in America so its a bit much to ship.
  4. Brooklyn

The Zimo MS491L is a six pin sound decoder that plugs into the existing board. It has wires for the speaker, but is powered by the nem connector.
  5. Brooklyn

I have a Graham Farish DCC ready Class 37 that I’m wanting to upgrade to DCC. I really want to put a sound chip in it but am not looking forward to dismantling it to do so. I know the standard is the Zimo MX660, but I’m wondering if the new Zimo MS491L would fit. It has the Nem 651 6 pin...
  6. Brooklyn

Walther's Superior Paper Company Kit

I love that Walther’s kits have extra stuff in them. It makes easy to kitbash with either the same model, or use the parts elsewhere. I have an entire box of sprues that have assorted bits and bobs attached. 😀
  7. Brooklyn

The New Amsterdam/Byrness Station N Scale Model Railroad

The mainline runs close to the ancient St. Mathias Church. The church was designed in Tinkered and and 3-D printed on my Elegoo Mars 2.
  8. Brooklyn

Operations at New Amsterdam Coal. The model is a Walthers but has been adapted to the scene. Most of the construction vehicles were actually keychains from Caterpillar, that just happened to be 1:160 scale. I just filed off the the key loop, lol.
  9. Brooklyn

Here a Pennsylvania GP40, hauling a load of 'beer can' tankers, climbs out of the river flats and up through the cut before entering a tunnel loop.
  10. Brooklyn

Hello, I thought I'd share a few photos of some of the work I've been doing lately on the railroad. These are just a few snippets. Enjoy. This is a PECO turntable, powered by a stepper motor below. Works well for short locomotives in a shunt yard. A few mechanics are discussing something with...
  11. Brooklyn

Granite Gorge and Northern

Wow! There's a whole lot going on here. Love the disappearing loops and intricacy of the plan. Looks like a fun layout to run.
  12. Brooklyn

Granite Gorge and Northern

I like the plan, compact but with a lot of interest potential.
  13. Brooklyn

Introduction

Hi there! My name in Brooklyn, and I'm an N scale modeler in upstate New York, modeling the transition years of the mid to late '50's thru early '60's. The overall name of the layout is New Amsterdam/Byrness Station. I have a love for both American and British Rails, so about a third of my...
  14. Brooklyn

Disaster averted (Kato GG1 shell replacement)

I have to agree 'Old 97', I will think twice before walking away from the layout again. NVSrr1500, this was an N scale Kato GG1 with Pennsylvania road in forest green, multi stripe. Attaching photo of the rescued model.
  15. Brooklyn

Disaster averted (Kato GG1 shell replacement)

I was running my Kato GG1 around my layout, as I had hundreds of times. Leaving the layout running is not usually a problem. When I returned a few minutes later, the GG1 was no where to be found. Walking The layout I found it, laying at the bottom of a ravine, having derailed and tumbled off a...

Back