Recent content by BMR777

1. B

Athearn P42s are junk.

I will agree, the Athearn P42s are not that great. I have owned 3 of these, one of them was dead out of the box, so had to send it back to get another one. The new one and loco #2 run just OK but they seem to struggle on the layout and seem to want to derail. Mine are from an older batch, I...
  2. B

WPF November 5-11

Nice scene Garry! Are those bi-level cars the Three Brothers kits or some other brand?
  3. B

Apartment Model Railroad Layout

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Montanan, hopefully someday I will have that big basement for my layout, but for now this is a good size. I might even expand it a bit since there's a good 3 x 5 foot area still left where I have a desk where I might instead add a new yard.
  4. B

Apartment Model Railroad Layout

I wanted to share some photos of my apartment model railroad. This layout currently sits in the second bedroom of my apartment. I model between 1995 and present day. Here are some photos of progress on the layout. Let me know what you think!
  5. B

I'm starting a new structure, a Cabin in the Woods

Will it have a creepy cellar that has a bunch of objects inside that the occupants can use to choose how they die? Like the movie, A Cabin in the Woods. :)
  6. B

Visiting from Australia

If you can spend some more time in Illinois, I recommend checking out the Illinois Railway Museum. It's the largest railway museum in the USA. http://www.irm.org/ They have a lot of unique pieces of equipment there that you can see and ride, including the Pioneer Zephyr!
  7. B

F40 dolling up!

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!
  8. B

Finds from the June 2014 Dupage Co. IL train show

I always love going to that show. I only get to go a few times a year though. It seems like it is more active in the winter months though as a lot of people "wake up" to model railroading when it gets colder outside. I've gotten some cool things from that show. I'm hoping to go to the next...
  9. B

would you believe

I find it hard to believe that just leaving the eraser on the foam could cause an indentation. What I suspect happened though is that maybe there was still some alcohol on the eraser and it ate through the foam just enough to leave an imprint.
  10. B

WPF May 30th - June 5th

Nice yard Rico! It's always nice to start on a new layout! I've started on a new layout recently as well. I've got the benchwork in, the track down and now it's time for scenery. I got the first module nearly complete this weekend. All that is left is to paint the road, add some road lanes...
  11. B

WPF for week of 3/16 to 3/22

Wombat, I've always used Code 100 in the past and have had good luck with it. I also prefer how the Atlas ties on their code 100 look over their Code 83. To me their ties are too lightly colored and too skinny on the code 83, whereas the ties on the Code 100 seem to look better to me once the...
  12. B

WPF for week of 3/16 to 3/22

I've been busy this weekend starting a new layout. I went to my local hobby shop and probably bought 50% of their code 100 Atlas track. After I got the rail joiners all put on about 100 or so pieces of track I spent some time laying it down temporarily to get a feel for things. Then I...
  13. B

Scaletrees and Woodland Scenics

In that case, yeah, you can't do that.
  14. B

Scaletrees and Woodland Scenics

In the US, there's a law called the "First Sale Doctrine", which basically says that once something is bought once, ie the "First Sale", the next owner can do whatever they want with that item, whether it be sell it or give it away or destroy it, etc. Now, I don't think this applies if they say...
  15. B

WPF 10-24 to 10-31

Nice photos! I like the custom Kato business car there. I don't think any real railroad would use a steamer that large for a one car train but it looks cool so yay. :)

Back