Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Started out the day in the 60's and currently in the mid 70's. Plans were for me to take wife's van (she claimed it) to check air pressure including the spare (donut) before she leaves for Sarasota tomorrow for a quilting class. The spare is mounted under the car like a P/U. After lowering it I discovered it had failed catastrophically blowing out which surprised me. It was 18 years old but looks brand new. It turns out the only place available to replace it is you guessed it-the dealer $$$. She has an appointment at 0830 tomorrow. At the same time, I will be at the VA for an eye exam. Based on this I'm a swinging bachelor for 2 days (in bed before 9 pm :rolleyes:).

In the train room I worked on 4 awnings (2 more than what I mentioned previously) The 3 smaller ones have metal roofing and the last one will get the metal roofing tomorrow because I had to paint and weather the "metal" strips. The strips are from Wild West Models. They also have nice shake shingles. No affiliation.

Karl- We use that technique with rescue skunks and has always worked so far. Skunks are all about eating.

Mike- My experience with black labs is that they are loveable knuckleheads.

Terry- I'm very sorry to hear that.

Bill- Interesting wreck photo.

Smudge- Interesting videos. What is the yellow thing next to the tracks? It doesn't look like it's a bridge to me.

Troy- That guy is a true artist.

Willie- Nice job on the cemetery.

TomO- I'm glad your knee is getting better. You'll be golfing before you know it.

Sherrel- Stay strong, you got this buddy.

Grizzled- My prayers are with you and your wife. I understand part of what you are going through. When Mom got sick, she would fall 2-3 times a day. Dad would call me to help. I lived 30 minutes away. I dread the day that it starts to happen with Dad as he is very heavy.

I hope everyone has a good night.

I like happy clowns. Freaky looking clowns give me an urge to bitch slap them!
Oi that’s my drawing! but yeah I understand a lot of people thanks to tv and films are freaked out, I never went to a circus but like them, I drew the picture for a Halloween theme……
bitch slap…..horrified……faints….(sneaks a look and grins…pokes out tongue! Know you can take it)

We are also in the no fuss departure clan, to the point there will not be any obits or other announcements. That has all been arranged and paid for. The only task for the estate personal rep will be spreading the ashes. As far as my own, they can just flush them if so desired😁 Yup, pretty sentimental, I know.

We have no children and out of the 17 nieces and nephews, nary a one has ever expressed any interest in the place nor ever offered any help. It would just be immediately sold for the highest bid. None are mentioned in the will-------Sort of an ignominious end to almost a 100 years of our family on the place.
Well hopefully before she went downhill, you at least had a decent marriage, with the inevitable ups and downs,
a good. marriage is riding the bumps,
It is sad none of your family paid any attention, but I suppose you were spared the money grabbers hovering hoping you drop off asap.
At least here there are people who sympathise,and can be a replacement family of sorts. Many share the good and the bad as so far in my experience there have been no catty business. a massive point in its favour, as many forums are to point on railways and baring a specific joke thread do not encourage any non railway discourse. Most of us would find them very sterile :(

In other news, mom got her chest Xray today. I made it home in time to take my wife out to Culvers for a burger.

Wife had her blood drawn this morning, and the phlebotomist had my wife ready to say "Give me the needle, I'll do it myself..." (She is a medical lab tech or a CLS-ASCP). Instead she politely suggested "Why don't you try the other arm. That one is getting sore from your digging around in it."

So, I told her she could have ice cream (or frozen custard in this case)...

I got one too...

mixer.jpg

Good afternoon.

Stopped at the post office and gave the USPS some work to ship out.

Tried a place for 11am breakfast and they are closed while they remodel. I checked online before we left and the website and Maps said open 6am to 1pm. Dropped my car off for its 10,000 mile warranty check. Then a few minutes later getting a text saying to call. Says a new tire is needed! 10,000 miles and a new tire. I said no until we get back.

Seems the front left tire was worn to the steel belts and honestly I never felt a thing. When I got the car in October the insurance company insisted the tires were new as was supposedly the car having only 2400 miles…

An equal replacement per the insurance policy for a stolen vehicle.

The other 3 were fine. Got the new tire and had it put on and the old one in the trunk. Got home and called the insurance company and they will have an adjuster out tomorrow. So, I then decided to call our attorney and his 1st comment was what do u want to do. I want to know about this car as I no longer trust my insurance company. He will send an Associate out tomorrow while the adjuster is here. He did tell me just sending the Associate out will cost more then the new tire. I told him if we have to fight will he do it? He said yes but will need a retainer! Image that, 20+ years having this guy on a yearly business retainer but needs one now to fight a personal battle…

As YODA would say, pissed I am

later!

Afternoon All,

Started out the day in the 60's and currently in the mid 70's. Plans were for me to take wife's van (she claimed it) to check air pressure including the spare (donut) before she leaves for Sarasota tomorrow for a quilting class. The spare is mounted under the car like a P/U. After lowering it I discovered it had failed catastrophically blowing out which surprised me. It was 18 years old but looks brand new. It turns out the only place available to replace it is you guessed it-the dealer $$$. She has an appointment at 0830 tomorrow. At the same time, I will be at the VA for an eye exam. Based on this I'm a swinging bachelor for 2 days (in bed before 9 pm :rolleyes:).

In the train room I worked on 4 awnings (2 more than what I mentioned previously) The 3 smaller ones have metal roofing and the last one will get the metal roofing tomorrow because I had to paint and weather the "metal" strips. The strips are from Wild West Models. They also have nice shake shingles. No affiliation.

Karl- We use that technique with rescue skunks and has always worked so far. Skunks are all about eating.

Mike- My experience with black labs is that they are loveable knuckleheads.

Terry- I'm very sorry to hear that.

Bill- Interesting wreck photo.

Smudge- Interesting videos. What is the yellow thing next to the tracks? It doesn't look like it's a bridge to me.

Troy- That guy is a true artist.

Willie- Nice job on the cemetery.

TomO- I'm glad your knee is getting better. You'll be golfing before you know it.

Sherrel- Stay strong, you got this buddy.

Grizzled- My prayers are with you and your wife. I understand part of what you are going through. When Mom got sick, she would fall 2-3 times a day. Dad would call me to help. I lived 30 minutes away. I dread the day that it starts to happen with Dad as he is very heavy.

I hope everyone has a good night.
I did swim for 30 minutes and the knee feels ok. That’s my swim limit per the doctor till Sipunday when I can add 10 minutes. Slowly building it up.

Happy that the pooch is alive. My thoughts are that the family needs to take her back since she's not happy with trailer life. I truly hope they're happy she's still alive and not a fur frisbee on a road somewhere.
The previous owner is supposed to text me tomorrow with the particulars. I'm going to bring up the fact she took off, and see what they want to do. He also wanted to know what will keep her from darting off again. The last thing I want is for her to get hurt, if we can get past her fear and flight issues, she will probably be a good pet.

Good afternoon.

Stopped at the post office and gave the USPS some work to ship out.

Tried a place for 11am breakfast and they are closed while they remodel. I checked online before we left and the website and Maps said open 6am to 1pm. Dropped my car off for its 10,000 mile warranty check. Then a few minutes later getting a text saying to call. Says a new tire is needed! 10,000 miles and a new tire. I said no until we get back.

Seems the front left tire was worn to the steel belts and honestly I never felt a thing. When I got the car in October the insurance company insisted the tires were new as was supposedly the car having only 2400 miles…

An equal replacement per the insurance policy for a stolen vehicle.

The other 3 were fine. Got the new tire and had it put on and the old one in the trunk. Got home and called the insurance company and they will have an adjuster out tomorrow. So, I then decided to call our attorney and his 1st comment was what do u want to do. I want to know about this car as I no longer trust my insurance company. He will send an Associate out tomorrow while the adjuster is here. He did tell me just sending the Associate out will cost more then the new tire. I told him if we have to fight will he do it? He said yes but will need a retainer! Image that, 20+ years having this guy on a yearly business retainer but needs one now to fight a personal battle…

As YODA would say, pissed I am

later!
Was the tire worn evenly or on one edge? Edge wear means there is an alignment issue. A drive axle tire worn evenly down to the cords means someone had been whipping that nag hard!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back