Running Bear's November 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening. 39° mostly clear and breezy. Going down to 29°. There is a Freeze Warning in Effect. Yeah, It's November.

Received our "Anchor Benefit" based on the 2020 tax year, today. $1300 of it is the Homestead Benefit, $250 each because we were 65 on 12/31/2020... Total $1800. Thanks Murph! $1300 of that will get rolled back in to the tax Escrow account, $500 will be set aside for Christmas Expenses...like the old Christmas Clubs.... Found the check in the mail box between two political advertisements. Imagine had I not looked for it. (It was announced for delivery today).

Didn't do much today, we picked up our prescriptions at the Drug store, then went to ShopRite with all the first of the month crowd Shopped bargains and special and got away with $65.

MIL finally was discharged from the Hospital, and is back at the Assisted Living place.

Since I had my CFO hat on, I didn't get down to the train room. One distraction, the door latch on the rear, patio door froze in the closed position. I had to be careful disconnecting the latch work without damaging the door. HD for a replacement, tomorrow.
Reminds me of a Dylan song (Desolation Row). I hope the replacement is as easy as I hope.

Only 4 NHL games tonight, two exclusive to cable. Looks like Dallas at Calgary at 2030 is my best choice.

Stay warm, stay safe!

Howdy all. I picked up the airbrush this week for the first time in maybe a year or more. I have three diners, and two sleepers to paint. They've been sitting in the shop stripped down and prepped for that long. Muscle memory never forgets and that's a good thing. Two green cars (SP dark Olive) Two Overland (yellow & Gray) and one two tone gray car. Nobody makes a good SP dark olive except Tru-Color and Star Brand, so I'll have to finally play with that, which means primer and a learning curve. Tru-Color requires primer over brass, so the primed cars are all baking nicely. Know what the biggest fun was? Finding all the hardware I had bagged up and put away for safe keeping. Took a while but I got it all located. It gets dangerous when you leave things sit for too long! You forget stuff!

All Souls' Day
1698905482805.png

Morning all,

39° and clear with a high of 63° later. Not much going on hopefully.

Been a busy week, but this is kind of my Friday as I'm off tomorrow so I can work overtime free on Saturday. Good thing I don't have a life..

Thought for today over coffee ---

“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”-Terry Pratchett
I miss his humor. I have read most of his "Discworld" series and have even got my grandson reading them. I haven't read the Tiffany Aching young adult series (based on Discworld) but have read some of his other books as well. I have read the "Long Earth" series he cowrote with Stephen Baxter. I also liked his book "Dodger" based on Dicken Artful Dodger.

“Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you.” Terry Prachett (Small Gods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back