Running Bear's October 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
An observation: What has UN Membership ever done for the USA? Or is our function simply to bankroll it. More or less applies to a lot of things we get involved with, sounds good, but doesn't work out. Then again, I might be missing something.

The Formation of the United Nations, 1945

Roosevelt met with Soviet Premier Joseph Stalin in Tehran, Iran, in November 1943, he proposed an international organization comprising an assembly of all member states and a 10-member executive committee to discuss social and economic issues.:)

Last edited:
Good Evening All. A final look today at the layouts in the Texas City Museum, this one is their Lionel layout. It's about 8'x24' in one end of the room. They weren't running the Lionel layout when we were there.
IMG_0828.JPG

Lots of recognizable Lionel accessories and Plasticville structures.
IMG_0829.JPG
IMG_0830.JPG
IMG_0831.JPG
IMG_0832.JPG
IMG_0833.JPG
IMG_0834.JPG

In case you didn't get a chance to look at the museum link that I gave earlier, the whole museum is built in an ex-JC Penny's store, that has been remodeled into the museum. The train layouts take up most of the second floor, the remainder of the floor is train history. If you're ever in that area, I highly recommend going there. Admission for seniors is just $5, and like most places in Texas (except sporting venues), parking is free.

Sunny with a high of +2C. perfect for todays outdoor heritage classic - Oilers vs Flames. 20 yrs ago it was -29.
I sort of whish both teams could win the ball trophy, since neither were sposed to be in the room.
The catchers mitts & a signed ball from our 1961 little league ball team. Coach was my cousin, umps were usually either my dad or his brother.
this summer was the first time I saw those items since '61. didnt know they existed until a first cousin, once removed, brought them to a celebration of life for my mom.
Was that 29 below in Eff or See(although at that point, it’s not much more of a difference than a half dozenish degrees)?

Good morning Crew from a chilled So. Central Wisconsin
IMG_1865.png

I didn’t type what it is temperature wise, a picture is worth …

I don‘t Mind the cold, I dislike the wind chill

A relaxing day turned into a tough night trying to stay awake. I know I napped in my chair with the music going between 8 and 8:30 then woke at 9:55. I actually slept pretty well from midnight to 6:15. That should have me all rested up for the next few days.

Plans for the morning are, exercise, treadmill, swim, shower, breakfast and weathering bench. After lunch it’s grocery shop for specific on sale today only items. Then around 4 I will ride one of the horses with a group of neighbors. Dinner is early around 5:30 with the group of riders where we will ride to the Brew Pub on the horses. Except for the last 1/2 mile we are on horse trails. Should be back home around 8

Enjoy the day

Morning all,

A cool 28° in Doo-Dah this morning. Going for a high later of 44°. Much the same tomorrow.

Had the darn low tire light come on again, They were fine Friday when I checked them after blowing out the sprinkler system. Funny how 34# of pressure at 50° becomes 30# at 28°. Of course, I broke my expensive air pressure gauge, so I can't fill them at the gas station. We do have 2 places that still provide free air.

Not much going on yet in my work world.

BBL

Good morning gang!

A little overcast but 59° this morning, heading to 74° later before the rain comes this evening. Then we cool off a bit. It's seasonal ya know!

Flo, can I gat a scrapple, egg and cheese sammich this fine day?

Heard a little drip in the bathroom this morning, The flexible feed pipe to the commode started leaking, so a pan was put under it after drying and the water to it was shut off. So a trip to HD today for a new line. Oh the joy of home maintenance!

BBL

Good afternoon all. A showery day with hardly a breeze blowing. Temperature around 12C.
With Dawn being disabled some days are harder to get through than others. Today is one of them. Slow but sure we will succeed.
Younger granddaughter visiting then I take her (and collect) to the Brownies.

Did not see much of the train room yesterday. Hopefully today I will get half an hour train running.

Good Morning All. Partly cloudy and 35°; the rain appears to have ended for the foreseeable future. Chilly for a dew days and back into the 70's by Friday. Total rainfall for the last 24 hours was another 1", most falling between 9:00 pm and 2:00 am. That makes not quite 7.25" in the last week. My pond should be nearly full, but the ground was too wet for me to check it out yesterday.

We're going to the grocery store pretty soon, as the fridge is bare. My wife is out of her iced coffee and there isn't any wine in the rack. I have a few items on the list that I put there before we left town.

I did go out to the train shed yesterday, but only to run trains. It was a little chilly, 61°, because one of the heaters does not reset when we have a power failure, even a momentary one that we must have had last week.
I still have 100's of pictures left to post from the vacation, but I don't have time right now. I'll be back later.
Here's one though, the only one that I took of the Texas City Museum's S scale layout.
IMG_0802.JPG

David - Seems that I already got your offer for rain, I don't really need any more.
United Nations. Each member should pay an amount to keep it solvent. A number of countries have 'missed' paying into it. U.S & U.K. are two of the few that are 'fully paid up' members.
Partly correct. UK has paid for 2023 but was 2 months late. US has not paid for 2023 yet, presently 8 months late.
Tom O - You're right about the war, I didn't miss anything while I was on vacation.
Joe - I can't say that I have ever seen anything positive coming from the UN, but I mostly don't follow news from there. It takes up some valuable real estate in NYC.

Rock vocalist Grace Slick is 84 today, actor/director Henry Winkler is 78.

Everybody have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back